CHAPTER 12:

During breakfast, Ivy sensed a certain someone glaring daggers at her from across the room. She lifted her head, her face expressionless, and found Tom staring into her soul, his jaw set like he truly wanted to kill her. She rolled her eyes and returned her attention to her pancakes, honey dripping down from the fork as she raised it to her parted lips.

Huffing, Agnes helped herself to a cup of coffee as she sagged into the bench.

Upon seeing her miserable mood, Ivy swallowed and inquired, “What's wrong?"

“Ugh,” Agnes huffed and slammed her coffee onto the table. “It's Septimus. He's being a little shit."

Ivy raised a brow. “Because of what happened yesterday?"

Agnes rolled her eyes and grumbled, “Yes.” She took a gulp of her coffee.

"So...still no luck with Septimus?” Beatrice asked as she sat beside Agnes.

As Agnes sipped, she mumbled something that indicated a no.

Ivy let out a sigh. “I mean, it's not that bad... It could've been worse!"

“Walburga is the worst of the worst Ivy." Beatrice stated. “I think it's bad."

“She is." She shrugged. “But it's not like we'll tell anyone. That stuff is private.” 

She turned to face Agnes. “Maybe that's why he's being ‘a little shit’ because that was something private… despite being funny."

Agnes huffed, her expression grim. “I know. But he knows that we wouldn't tell anyone."

“Guess it's embarrassment then.” Laughing, Beatrice took a sip of her drink. She put down her cup and grimaced. “I would be embarrassed if anyone found out I was dreaming about someone like Walburga!”

“Speaking of Walburga..." Ivy mutely remarked while glancing from side to side. She inclined herself forward. “You wouldn't believe what I saw her doing yesterday."

Beatrice gasped. “You saw her on her knees doing the... you know to Malfoy?!"

“What?! No.” She shook her head. “It's worse."

Beatrice let out another gasp and leaned closer, as did Agnes, as they anticipated what Ivy was to state.

“She was shagging lestrange (“Lestrange?!”) last night.” Ivy whispered, laughing at the expressions of her friends.

Agnes leaned back, astonished, as she gazed elsewhere, her mind processing what Ivy had just said. Beatrice, on the other hand, kept repeating Lestrange's name in disbelief and laughing. 

After emerging from her trance, Agnes questioned quietly, “And you saw that?”

Ivy nodded. “It was a horrible sight.” She grimaced as she got flashbacks of what they were doing. She shivered.

The table trembled as Beatrice laughed. “Oh my God! That's the best thing I've heard!” She wiped her tears. “Who knew?! Lestrange and Walburga?!"

“Keep your voice down.” Ivy hushed as she glanced around. She returned her gaze to Beatrice. “No one else knows but me and..." She halted.

“You and…?” Agnes arched a brow in question.

“Uh, Riddle.” Ivy mumbled.

“Tom?!” Beatrice let out a laugh. “It just gets better! I cannot even begin to imagine the look on his face!” She howled out in laughter, causing students seated at the table to wince at her loud behaviour so early in the morning.