CHAPTER 3:

Tap!

Green. It was green everywhere. Streaks of red here and there.

Bodies. Oh, so many bodies everywhere.

Tap!

Parts of limbs separated from one's body and were scattered carelessly on the ground. Blood raining down...showering everyone in red.

Tap! Tap!

BANG! Castles exploding, trees exploding, people exploding, dispersing themselves everywhere. Screams erupting, yelling and calling for their loved ones.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

The air felt cold. She could feel it. She could feel the presence of death and ruin. She could smell it.

It reeked.

Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap!

Green. So much Green.

Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap!

Wake up.

Ivy opened her eyes, gasping for breath. With a start, she sat up, adjusting her eyes to the harsh light coming in through the curtains. She took in her surroundings. She was still in the leaky cauldron. She was safe. Noticing that she was gripping her wand tightly, she let go and combed her hand through her hair, wiping the sweat that formed on her forehead whilst doing so.

It was just a dream. You're safe, Ivy comforted herself.

Tap! She blinked. Tap!

What is that noise? Ivy looked around once more.

Tap! It was coming from outside her window.Tap! Tap!

The tapping became frantic.

Ivy cautiously took hold of her wand once again, flung her legs over the bed one after the other, and slowly walked towards the source of the noise.

With her wand raised, she drew back the curtain slowly.

It was an owl.

She released a breath that she was unaware she was holding. What? Ivy opened her window, confused, and the owl swooped in, landing on her desk and stuck out its talons. Wrapped around it was a letter. A letter for her. A letter she once received when she was 11. Ivy quickly unwrapped the letter from the owl as it began hooting, the owl then flew out of the window, pleased that finally its mission was complete.

As she held the letter in her hands, a wave of nostalgia passed through her, causing her to shorten her breath and felt her palms begin to sweat, her mouth felt dry. How did they know? Anxiously, she opened the letter and began to read,

Dear Miss Everlyn,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. If you accept the invitation, you are to report to platform 9 ¾ by 11 am sharp. Your sorting will commence promptly upon arrival.

Yours sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore

Deputy Head

She exhaled deeply. How did he know? She shook her head and reread the letter again and again to see if what she read was a mistake. It wasn't and she knew that deep down.