Feather In The Wind//Chapter 50

Start from the beginning

The beast didn't say anything as it sprinted forward with a new drive. Her wings spread out and raptured around the agent in a blur of colors. In just moments to when Quinn thought she would be consumed, a feather-made blade peered straight out of the blue of flying feathers.

"Mirage of Colors—!" Faythe's blade was deflected by a rapidly spinning Quinn who began to deflect hardened feathers from every angle that the blur of colors could be seen.

Right when Quinn deflected the last one, Faythe fell from the sky with wings enraptured along her arms and talons sprouting on her legs, "STAR DIVE—!!"

Quinn forced her muscles to overwork and rapidly turned to face her enemy, "COBRA'S STRIKE—!!" Her cutlasses curved from a disproportionate angle and immediately connected with Faythe's attack, sending the two flying off in two different directions.

Faythe and Quinn immediately caught themselves and zipped across the halls to sprint towards the other with their blades dragging behind them. As soon as they met in the middle it was another battle for the middle, their strengths trying to overwhelm the other in this battle of Ideals and Will.

"The world is a place of chaos driven people trying to make themselves seem like the idealistic and hopeful leaders they sought to be... But really it's all drown out by the cries of the weak that they crushed on the way up the ladder...!" Quinn spat, "And my brother payed the price to your conquest of chaos driven ideals... And it's not just him. What was her name...?"

Faythe didn't like how this conversation was going.

Quinn's face brightened, "Oh yeah, Yimo—! That's her name! The slave that was given up by her own pirate family! Isn't that so ironic!? HAHA!! The family that she adored and would fight for, was given up in mere seconds because she was a fish-man! A half-breed that neither race wanted!!"

Faythe's expression darkened dangerously, the golden band on her wrist burned on her skin, "You get my friend's names out of your mouth...!!!" She pushed Quinn back a few steps from her rising anger, "You don't deserve it—!!"

"Oh yeah~?" Quinn leaned in slowly, "It goes both ways darling." In just seconds a fist connected with her smug face and sent her flying into a nearby weapons crate. She gapped at the sudden speed that was enhanced from the red head, "How did you...!"

Faythe was in front of her in seconds as she grabbed her bruised and bloody face and slammed it into a pillar that was stationed behind her.

"UGHH—!!"

Quinn didn't seem to have time to breathe as she was then yanked by her tied up by Faythe stone grip, and her face getting smashed down into the stone pavement. She didn't have time to move as her leg was stabbed into the ground. A feather sword digging into the floor—through her leg to immobilize her.

"AUGHHHH!!"

"Harden."

Another stab into her arm that tried grabbing for a cutlass, "YOU BITCH—!" She spat out dribbles of blood.

Faythe leered over the agent, and then pulled her up by the hair to meet eye contact, "I've got to give it to your brother... If he didn't give me that small pep talk I think it would've been me that would've died back then... You know what he said?"

Quinn was trembling from pure embarrassment and frustration, "You scum of the earth... I'll kill you...!"

"To survive in a room of animals, you must become an animal." She got off the agent and prowled around her, a blade in hand as she walked around the bleeding woman, "To fight against your opponent you must be just as ruthless as your enemy." Another feather blade was embedded into the woman's shoulder, earning the red head an agonizing scream.