Chapter 3: "𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑀𝑦 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚."

VERNON'S attempt to find his bracelet is a complete failure. Not only has he lost his lucky charm, but he has also been sent to the principal's office for 'fondling' accusations.

This whole issue was hilarious and had one huge misunderstanding. The nurse who had gone to discard the used ice pack as well as find painkillers for the girl had chosen the most inconvenient time to return back to the two students. Upon her return, she had seen the most questionable image.

The girl had been lying facing the ceiling with Vernon practically toppled on top of her, his hand near the opening of her skirt.

It had seemed as if the nurse had misunderstood Vernon to be doing something with the girl anticipating the move. To save herself, in an attempt to explain, the girl basically stated how she wasn't aware of how close the boy was to touching her underneath the skirt. She went on to say how it wasn't what it looked like. Vernon added on explaining how he had lost a very valuable piece of jewelry and was simply looking for it.

Since the two stories didn't align, the principal decided to call each of the student's respective parents only to change her mind after the girl had (un) helpfully suggested how she was fine and didn't want to cause trouble. The principal ended up requesting Vernon to apologize, and she would forget everything that happened.

Now, the two students were standing in the school halls with a less than pleased Vernon, who was, in fact was fuming.

"Do you realize what would happen to me if anyone was to hear of what you just said? I could lose my university scholarships for this!" Vernon whisper-shouts, anger pumping in his blood.

"We got out of there without our parents being involved." The girl responds nonchalantly. "I got us out of there."

Vernon scoffs, not believing what he's hearing. "You practically told them I harassed you. Harassment is a huge offense! I could be blacklisted for this."

The girl shrugs, ignoring Vernon's concerns.

"I wasn't trying to touch you." Vernon explains. "I was trying to find my bracelet. It's something that means so much to me that I can't live without it. I didn't even realize how close my hand was to your skirt. If I did make you uncomfortable, then I will apologize for that. It wasn't my intention to startle you. I only wanted to find it."

The girl's mouth opens, then closes again. She couldn't think of anything proper to say except,

"It has already happened. I already told them what happened. Nothing can change now."

Something clicked in Vernon's head as he looked at the girl. "Wait, so you didn't misunderstand what I did?"

"No." She responds, placing her hands in her skirts' pockets.

"Then why did you tell the principal that?"

"It came out the wrong way. The principal took it the wrong way. That wasn't what I meant."

"By making me the bad guy? There were so many better ways to explain!"

The girl rolls her eyes. "We only got in trouble because we were caught "fondling." She says her hands, creating quotation marks. "We're teenagers. Stuff like this is normal. Live a little."

"And if it spreads?"

"That's not my problem."

Vernon takes a step back as he tries to calm himself. This girl was doing a pretty good job at multiplying his anger.

"Couldn't you have just gone along with my explanation? That was the truth."

"It didn't occur to me at the time."

"You-"

"Vernon!" A familiar voice yells, causing the boy to look up at his approaching teacher.

Coach sends a loud smack on his back. "Why did I hear that one of my students were calling in by the principal for fondling?"

"That's not what happened!" Vernon sputters, trying his best to explain.

"Quiet!" Coach barks out, making Vernon immediately shut up.

"What happened?" Coach asks, now looking at the girl, concern written all over his face.

"Nothing happened. The nurse made a big deal out of nothing." She says with a sigh.

"But I was told -"

"Nothing happened!" Vernon bursts out, losing his composure.

Coach remains silent, examining the distressed boy and the non-chalant girl. Nodding, he asks for Vernon to follow him.

Vernon let's out a frustrated sigh as his coach began to walk away. Glaring at the girl he whispers,

"You. Stay away from me. I don't need any more rumors."

Not waiting for her response, Vernon turns around and follows his coach to wherever he is taking him.