Chapter 14 Unravelling the Secret!

Abhimanyu

"Just give me my coffee." I grumble.

I'm already irritated by the restless sleep, and here Di is going on with her lovey-dovey talk. Who the hell wakes up this early and talks so sweetly?

It's a miracle I haven't got diabetes just by listening to their gibberish.

"Hold on for a minute. Some insect has bit my brother in the ass." Di says to her boyfriend on the call, turning to glare at me.

"You can call him later. Or get away from the counter. Let me make it myself." I say while grasping my head in my hands. The ache increases with every passing minute without coffee.

Mom enters the kitchen, forcing Di to hide her phone entirely.

"Make me some tea. And clean the house now that you are home. I can hardly expect anything from any of you nowadays." Mom says to Di, then throws a disgusted look at me.

I swear, I'm in no condition to tolerate her words at the moment. I might say something I'll regret if she doesn't leave soon.

"Okay, mom." Di nods, placing the other pot on the stove for the tea, and getting my cup from the cabinet.

"Why can't you drink tea? What is so special to you about that black coffee? It's expensive, that's for sure. You don't even help with the expenses and squander the majority of my money on your luxuries..." Mom glares at me with her hands on her hips.

I stand up from the table, "It's my dad's money, not yours." I snatch the cup from the counter, and grab Di's hand, "You're not doing anything. Rest if you can or leave the house for the rest of the day."

Di takes her cup of coffee and lowers the flame before following me to my room. Mom's voice and steps track us to the stairs.

I've had enough of our mother's drama. Di is on her period, and she's taken a leave from work to rest at home, not to do mom's cleaning.

Slamming the door behind me, I drop onto the chair, picking up my phone for the hundredth time.

Still, no reply.

"What's the matter, Abby?" Di asks, sitting on the bed and wrapping a blanket around herself while holding the coffee mug.

"Do you want me to bring you something? Chocolates are already in your secret stash. Other than that?" I ask her instead.

She smiles, "No. Adhiraj is probably on his way to pick me up. He heard the whole thing... and left the message for me to be ready in thirty."

I nod, taking a sip from the steaming cup of coffee. The warm liquid spreads its warmth through me, easing the headache a bit.

"What's going on with you? You never react that way." Di asks.

"She was getting on my nerves." I say, trying to erase the phone call with Chubbs.

Even Mihika was not clear about the incident and I don't believe for a second that a mere hair crack has caused such havoc for the entire trio to be missing and not answering calls.

Nirvaan is also sure they are hiding something. He is only successful in getting snippets of information from Mihika. All of that only proved their story a lie.

I don't even know if I will be able to see her today or not.

After all this, I still have no clue what I am going to do with her. The bet is over, but I cannot get over the thought of not being with her.