Chapter 8 - Unrequited Crush!

Avni

I can't stop staring at his beautiful self, even if my life depended on it.

God! He's way too good.

He's tall with a prominent jaw, sharp features, and a slightly crooked nose. The crook on the bridge of his nose enhances his appeal. Those mesmerizing eyes can capture anyone's attention. And his lips—God, his lips are absolute eye candy.

He is flawless. His charisma itself is alluring for every girl.

He's got his hands in his pockets and his eyes narrowed at Rudra. I tilt my head, admiring him.

My mystery boy is glaring at Rudra.

And I'm staring at my mystery boy.

Crap!

What am I doing? Since when do I check out a guy?

I have officially gone insane.

Ignoring the flutter of my stupid heart, I shift my attention back to my friends. It's a relief that he didn't catch me gaping at him like an idiot.

"Sorry, but you were asking for it." Shaurya says to frowning-Mihika.

Mihika is glaring at Shaurya, but then her face brightens and she smiles. Nope. She smirks.

It's not good. Shaurya is not going to like whatever she's about to say.

"You are right. I was asking, wasn't I?" She drawls, giving Shaurya a too-sweet smile, "By the way, I forgot to tell you." She pauses, enjoying the squirming Shaurya, "I'm planning to visit the café this week"

That makes Shaurya freeze. "No, you are not." His tone is rather imploring.

"I might tell uncle Rana about the admission day." She smirks, wiggling her eyebrows.

My gaze snaps at Mihika, and I exclaim, "Mihika!"

That threat is a disaster for both Shaurya and me. I don't want anyone in town to find out about it.

Papa is already sick and if he finds out about that incident, he might get upset.

Actually, no, he will be proud of me. Still, there is the risk of the Mehtas.

"Jesus, Avni! Don't give me that look. Obviously, I won't tell, but let me have some fun here." Mihika huffs.

I breathe out a sigh and relax.

"Aren't you hungry?" Shaurya asks me.

"Yes. I am." Mihika answers instead and swirls around to walk, but stops in her trail. Her gaze wandered towards the other two boys.

She grins, biting her lip between her teeth, tipping her head to one side, and checking out the boy—my mystery boy—she smirks, asking Nirvaan, "Won't you introduce me to this charming boy here?"

No one can save them from her.

"Doesn't matter if he does or not. It will be my pleasure to introduce myself to a beauty like you. I'm Chirag." The other boy replies instead, extending his hand to Mihika.

Idiot.

"You are not the person of interest," Mihika says, "but glad to know you're so self-assured." She mockingly adds, disregarding the extended hand.

I avert my gaze to hide my smile. Those boys have no notion of what a devil Mihika is. Our new friends will soon get to experience a smooth death.