Chapter 11 - Secrets and Absence!

Abhimanyu

"I'll have a masala Maggie, uncle." Mihika says to the host of the canteen and turns to me, "What are you having?"

I'm officially done with Maggie or any sort of canteen food. I should've accepted Di's offer to make my lunch, but she's swamped with other responsibilities given by the Mogambo before her office. I'm better off this way, and anyway, sandwiches can never go wrong.

"Sandwi..." I'm cut off before I can say the word.

"Wait," Avni says with hesitance in her voice and everyone's attention is drawn to her.

She glances at everyone before closing her eyes and takes a deep breath, saying, "I... can share my lunch with you." Her voice is hardly discernible.

Her gaze locks with mine and those tiny eyes are filled with fear and uncertainty.

"If you want. It's extra anyway." She quickly adds, averting her gaze.

"Are you kidding me?" Mihika screams right next to my ear. I recoil, moving away from her.

"I did not hear what I think I heard." Shaurya looks at Avni with wide, accusing eyes.

"You want to share your food with Abby! I cannot believe this." Mihika bangs her hands violently on the table.

"For as long as we've known you, you haven't shared a bite with us. What changed?" Shaurya is shooting daggers at Avni.

On the other hand, Avni's face is flushed, and she is biting her bottom lip between her teeth.

"We are asking you something. You can't share food with anyone." Mihika yells again.

"Will you let her talk? And stop screaming in my ear!" I exclaim, rubbing my ear.

Mihika tilts her head halfway to face me and smiles, "You want me to bite your ear? I'm good at licking and sucking too."

I chuckle, "We'll see what opportunity comes across our path."

"Right. But now I want to confront my best friend." Mihika spins around to face Avni.

"Why do you want to talk to me? Continue what you were doing." Avni says, tucking her hair behind her ear.

My heart swells, taking in her nervousness and the red flush glowing on her skin. Her first step towards me is indeed something to celebrate.

I'm not sure whether it was the rain or the conversation, but something changed yesterday.

Not only for her.

All the soaking in the rain while resisting the impulse of touching a certain someone was a sweet agony. Worst was trying to control the hard-on seeing her all drenched in her oversized clothes.

Usually, I hate her oversized, full t-shirts, yet they were a blessing yesterday.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if her t-shirt had stuck to her curves like a second skin. If just the slightest glimpse of them had the power to make me uncomfortably hard.

She is beautiful, and rain does wonders to enhance her beauty. Not only for her curves—which are exquisite torment, I'll never be ready for—but also for the glitter in her eyes and the gleaming of her face.

She is enticing enough to make me forget every worry in the world.

I was glad for Rudra's quick thinking, but I still hate that it was his jacket and not mine.