Final Boss Battle pt.3

CARLA

"Which rope is blue?" I yelled.

My guts have told me to cut the blue rope, but which one is it? I wished for the colourblind glasses I was supposed to get today!

"Right one!" someone yelled.

I took a deep breath, and with a wobbly arm, slowly moved my scissors towards the right rope (as in direction, not right as in "correct", although that would be better). This was the hardest decision of my life. Harder than when my babysitter asked me which sweater looked better on her (she must've forgotten I was colourblind, and I was too shy to tell her) or crossing the road.

SNIP!

The bomb did nothing. The timer froze. We quickly scramble away, and stare with terror at the bomb. Did I snip the right one? Sir Gin's island floated a few metres on top of the bomb. He eyes us from above like we're so pathetic.

"Whamp, whamp, whaaaaamp! Bad choice, ginger!" he laughed wickedly.

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Argh!" cried Sir Gin as his island exploded into pieces.

I pulled my hands out of my face, and noticed that the four of us were all unharmed. Pieces of concrete fell in ront of us, and Sir Gin's island was destroyed into pieces. He fell face first into the hole in the concrete where the bomb was.

"Why did I stand so close??" he mumbled

"H-hey," stuttered Arthur, "is he...okay? Ouch! My hips...ugh."

We glanced at each other, then slowly shuffled towards the hole. Sir Gin was lying in the hole, not moving one bit.

"Is he...finished?" Ayden murmured.

Sir Gin coughed, then slowly pushed himself up. He looked like he'd just been fired from his job. His eyes were shooting bullets at us. His mask and hairnet were off, and his clothes had scratches on them. He growled, then clicked his fingers.

CLICK!

I blinked and saw the sky (it looked grey to me). I was suddenly lying down on something. It felt cold and hard, like metal. I turned around when I heard coughing, and saw my arm tied to a metal platform! I glimpsed, and saw Dia also tied to the metal! This definitely wasn't the first time I'd been teleported to another area.

"I can't move!" whined Ayden.

Sir Gin shuffled towards us, holding a controller and an iPad. He smirked, then walked slowly around the flat, circular platform, shoving the screen in our faces. What?? The screen showed (from bird's eye view) the four of us tied down to the platform, shaped like a cross.

"Thanks to my drone, I'm able to see how pathetic you kids look like tied down," drawled Sir Gin.

I looked up, and saw a drone buzzing on top of us.