Colour Block pt.1

CARLA

BEEP!

I turned around in a flash, and that Ayden's hands are glued to the button! Didn't we just tell him not to press the button???

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I exclaimed.

The kiddie play area filled with flashing light! It almost reminded me of the light in my sock drawer before I got teleported to this hospital. The lights flashed like mad all over the wall. I squinted my eyes, the light was blinding me!

"Ahh! These lights are killin' my eyes!" Arthur sceeched, covering his eyes with his arm.

"Blinding Lights, by The Weeknd," joked Dia.

"No time for jokes or puns or whatever!" I snapped.

Ayden backed away with an I-totally-didn't-do-this-stop-staring-at-me look. Yeah, he totally didn't do that.

"There's red, green, blue and pink lights...woah," Ayden exclaimed. Thanks, now I know the colours of the lights.

How long has it been? The lights suddenly stopped flashing. The room suddenly e x p a n d e d?? From as small as a bedroom, the kiddie play room transformed as gigantic as a school hall! What is this magic??? I swear, I am dreaming! In the middle of the room, there was a 8 x 8 square, with small squares in it like a chess plate.

The room turned dark. The only source of light now was from the chess square in the middle. Each piece was flashing with light, again! The room was still a kiddie play room, with murals and cushions everywhere, but larger.

"It looks like a disco party!" gasped Dia. She pointed at a disco ball hanging on top of the flashing square!

"It's a dance floor!" screamed Ayden, and he sprinted towards it! Like, can you ever stop moving so much?

We sprinted after him, mostly because after all the drama, we wanted to stick together like legos. The light felt like it burst through my shoes! It was probably really colourful, but I can't see them.

"Hey, this is actually really cool...," Ayden giggled.

BAM! We turned around, and the dance floor had tall, metal bars on the side! WHAT THE ACTUAL - it was like a jail cell, but more disco - themed! Outside of the disco cell, the area was dark. Is there even a door in this room??

"We're TRAPPED!" shrieked Arthur, pulling the bars as if he was Hulk.

"Can't we go through the gaps?" asked Ayden.

"This isn't Smurf logic!" I cried, "It's too tight!"

"Maybe we're just obese?" mumbled Dia. Her reasoning was rubbish. She's as thin as a toothpick. Okay, saying "as thin as a toothpick" about someone's body sounds really weird and wrong.