Stealthy Reception Escape

ARTHUR

I opened my eyes.

It's just darkness.

I looked around, and the others were sleeping, even Ayden. I didn't know how long it's been, so I gently nudged Dia.

"Hey, psst," I whispered.

"Huh?" groaned Dia, who just woke up.

"What's the time?"

Dia rubbed her eyes, then reached for her phone. She shoved the screen in front of my face, and I had to squint for a bit because it was so bright.

4:57 pm.

"That's enough sleep," I groaned, then nudged the others to wake up. "We have to get out of this elevator, and then we might be able to find a way out of this hospital."

I glanced around. The room wasn't as dark as before, but still dark . The room was strangely long, there were blue and green chairs aligned with each other and a reception desk. This must be the hospital's reception!

"Guys!" I whispered (I don't really know why I whispered. It just kinda suited the situation we're in), "We're at the hospital's reception! And there's a door over there!"

I pointed to the other side of the reception.

"We have to get out of here!" Dia replied.

PSSSST. Hey, over here!

I spun around, and a walkie talkie was lying on a small coffee table near the chairs. I grabbed the walkie talkie and pressed my ear on the speaker.

 I grabbed the walkie talkie and pressed my ear on the speaker

"Hello?" I asked.

Oh, someone's there! Well, you might be wondering why the room is so dark and why no one's here apart from you.

"There's four of us," I corrected. The others listened closely behind.

Four? Interesting. Well, soon there's gonna be five people in this room!

"Huh?" asked Carla in shock, "Who's the fifth person?"

The receptionist. Poor lady, her eyesight is worse than a rhino's. She can only detect real people if they're moving. If you're not moving, she'll think that you're a statue, like the Winnie the Pooh statue in this room.

I scanned the room, and indeed there was a Winnie the Pooh statue by the rows of seats.

Your objective -

"What's an objective?" interrupted Ayden.

A goal. Your goal is to escape this hospital before it explodes!

Explodes?

There is a bomb located in one of the bathrooms. But be careful, the receptionist will come soon. Be extremely quiet, and do not let her realise you're a real person under any circumstances. If you do, the consenquenses are not pretty! She has a brilliant sense of sound. You better walk slowly or tiptoe. And when she looks up, stand as still as a statue! Her eyes can shine like a torch, which makes it easier for her to see whether you're moving or not. That's all I have to say. I better leave for uh, personal reasons. Also, you've got ten minutes, starting now! Peace out!