CHAPTER NINE: It's Just Love

Start from the beginning

I thought to myself. I gave her a huge smile as I took a seat on the table infront of her.

"I think you mistake the word for chivalry."

She quirked a brow raising her head to face me. Amusement danced in her eyes.

"And that is better because...?"

"I think you'll find that chivalry corresponds with words like elegance, gentlemanliness, courtesy, consideration. I mean the word itself refers to the gallantry behaviour of a man towards his woman. Safeguarding and keeping her from harm is his main mission."

She folded her arms infront of her and accepted the challenge with grace.

"I'm sorry to inform you but  I think you're in the wrong century. Incase you've been living under a rock, like most of the man these days, that word has transformed and men have done the best they could, I mean really tried to up their caveman mentality and tyranny. Chivalry is just another word for possessiveness of men now. The fact that we're arguing about this is a clear sign that you know what I am talking about."

I chuckled then placed my hands on my knees so my face could move closer to hers and breathe the same air as she did.

"Oh but the issue still lies in the fact that you still mistake chivalry for what it really is. Fairness and kindness to what belongs to us. Staking a claim isn't possessiveness. Or is it tyranny."

It's just love.

Like I am madly in love with you and seeing you slowly belonging to someone else makes me want to commit raw brutal bloody murder!

"Well I think you may have mistaken me for someone else then. Because last time I checked, I wasn't yours to uhm..... safeguard and protect. So therefore your chivalry is misplaced."

My smile slipped as my anger spiked.

"I don't think it is."

"Oh but we're both well aware it is."

She said all playfulness slipping from her features. Then she mimicked how I sat.

"In other simpler words..."

She stared at me dead in the eyes.

"Back off Griffin."

I swallowed looking down at my hands.

"I would if I knew how."

*********

So Amanda demanded I dropped her to her house and after arguing a losing battle, I finally relented. I only left after I had made her some food, forced her to eat a decent amount, made her take a bath, alone of course if you're wondering. Then I only left after I had given her some pain killers since she didn't let me try to diagnose her. She wouldn't tell me what was hurting and I hated every second of it I spent not knowing.

She was safely tucked into bed when I finally left with the promise to call me if she didn't feel any better. That I would check up on her after work. Then I drove back to the hospital and this time it took all my reserved energy not to grab Keith and haul him across the hospital when he asked how she was.