Chapter Thirty Five

Layla stood in front of the mirror staring at her entire being. Contrary to yesterday when she stood here, ecstatic, happy that her smile is no longer forced, her eyes looking bigger, brighter and her skin glowing.

Today she looked like a shadow of that happy person from yesterday. From her skin that looks dull, to the huge dark circle under her eyes then the bile of bitterness on her throat which refused to go and of course she feels like shit.

She has pinched herself countless times, hoping one of them will make her snapped out of her nightmare but whenever the pain sink in, she will realize she is wide awake and this is indeed her reality.

Even after her fifth shower from the night until now which is just a bit pass 7 she still couldn't get the feeling of his hands crawling on her, off her body.

And that honestly made her hate herself more than she has already do. She feels dirty. Wishing she has done something to stop Abdul from getting intimate with her.

She did do her best, telling him she is tired which is true and giving a dozen excuse while trying to stop him but none worked.

As usual, he didn't listen to her, he never did and at the end he had to force himself on her which left her with few tears when he was done.

All these years they only get intimate when he wants to, when he is in the mood. Even when she tries her best to seduce him, 99% of the times she failed which made her to stop trying and force herself to became immune to that feeling, ignoring it the best she could whenever she has it until it disappear.

And to add cherry on the top, guy practically hold her against her will, as he went on whispering things to her ears which made her feel as if they're bleeding.

She couldn't be more grateful when he fall asleep and she dragged herself to her room and immediately jump to her shower.

But even after taking a long hot bath, then showering when the bath was over, she still feels his hands crawling on her body which made her feel as if ants are crawling on it.

And that made her to decide on bobble bath, soaking her body on the jacuzzi will just do the trick or so she thought.

Layla took a deep breath as she pushed her hair to the back, then gather the long wavy tail to one side wanting to have a clear view of her face.

Yeah, the dark circles is more prominent which did not surprised her cause she hasn't had a wink, she couldn't sleep the whole night even after taking her pills.

She heaved another frustrating sigh before she let go, letting the hair fall back on her shoulders and back.

In no time, she reached for her rob and stripe, walking over the shower and turned it on before she entered.

Layla closed her eyes feeling the warm liquid on her face which made her to relaxes a bit.

This is supposed to be a good thing right? She tried to trick herself once again.

Abdulazeez has not gotten intimate with her since he came back from his honeymoon with Umaima which is almost 8 months now.

Then she should be happy that he has finally appreciated her presence. Right ? Then why doesn't she feels like this? Why does she feels shirty, dirty like Abdulazeez doesn't have the right to get close to her ever again.

She feels as if he has violated her instead of doing what he is supposed to do as her husband.

She herself is terrified to come to that conclusion after fajr prayers and is scared to admit the truth even in her head cause by Allah, the truth is the doom of everyone around her.