Chapter Twenty Five

The entire place is scattered with different set of A4 papers, some having words on them while some simply look blank with both the Television and the Air conditioner working nonstop, you will think that the sitting room was left for small children to play which resulted in this.

But if you look closely, you will caught the faint glimpses of the woman sited behind her center table with her head buried on her laptop and of course a type writter beside it.

Layla has her head buried on her laptop with a huge frame covering part of her eyes while typing quickly on the keyboard as if angry with them by the way they're making sound.

Is just a week to the seminar and she need to be rounding up with her research anytime from now. She actually spend the better part of this week in the lab for some practical and thank God it all came out perfectly.

Now, what is remaining is for her to arrange her research according to the way she is going to present them.

Abdulazeez that was heading to her room suddenly stopped when he heard the furious type on the keyboard.

He stopped, giving her a good look before he turned and headed her way, stopping on the door way with his eyes fixed on her.

Is almost 3 in the afternoon but she is somehow in a cream underwear which if he wasn't wrong, he believed she has being in since after breakfast.

As for her hair, he doesn't know why she bothered loosing it cause she looked like a ghost with half of it falling to her face while she used a pen to hold on to the tail which also ended up still on her back.

Ever since he came back last week, she hardly give him a time of the day always running from the school then back home and having her entire attention on her laptop not even bothering to talk about what happened before he left or why he didn't call or send her money.

Honestly, he thought she will throw a fit or give him attitude but non came and on his part, he has never regretted what he did to her before he left cause he believed he knocked sense back into her.

In this way she will stop comparing herself to Umaima which is what he believed is about and also stop reporting him to Ammi which is all he ever wanted.

Although he understood that it maybe because of her work which he has no idea how she got it back nor does he care cause he made it crystal clear to her that he is done cleaning after her shits.

She did told him about the seminar she will be going to Lagos for which will last for a week and honesty, he couldn't be happier.

Since he will be going to Kano tomorrow and she wouldn't be around by next week, then he got to spend all his time there.

When he confirmed it from Jawad, he simply told him that she is to present a research she is currently working on.

"What a sight to look on." Abdulazeez's decided to let his presence know as he step inside the room.

Layla slowly tore her gaze away from her laptop to give him a quick glance without stopping what she was doing or even saying a word.

"Even when we had a child this place didn't look this messy..." He continued pushing some of the papers to sit on the handle of the sofa.

His words touched something deep within her which made her to stop typing for a complete one minute. Yes she had a child, her beloved daughter but now she has nothing more than her work.

And with that, she inhaled sharply tilting her head then resumed her work as she bite on to her lip before she decided to ask the questions that has being eating her up.