Chapter Seven

Grieve! Grieve! And grieve.

Layla though she had grieved all he want and all she could, she though nothing could ever shake her including Abdul's marriage which she force herself to accept head on.

What she doesn't know is that there are some pain and grieve that comes in a form of numb. A total numbness that she felt as if her body isn't hers cause she feels nothing, empty.

At least when their Father died, she grieved him. She cried, she shouted and cried even more and with time she accepted that she lost him forever.

But as she watch everyone grieve for her own daughter, her own flesh and blood, the coolness of her eyes, her very reason for everything in this life.

She just feel numb and empty to all the emotions, all the pain to even the people that surrounds her consoling and crying for her.

As days went by she couldn't even differential between day and night cause they're all the same for her. She only get up to pray then go back and sit down.

And on the fourth day, her siblings insisted she be injected with a sleeping drug cause she took a sleeping drug the previous day but it did nothing to her.

And that's how it happened, she was injected and she fall asleep only she regret ever falling asleep cause if she didn't she wouldn't have woken up to Umma whispering Abdul's where about to her siblings.

As she learned from his mother, he was at Surayya's house with his soon to be bride. Surayya's husband works in Abuja so Surayya and both their kids stays between the two states.

And it happened that her husband is away so she let Abdul and his soon to be bride stayed there when Layla called he was on his way home and decided not to pick thinking she was just calling to check his where about.

Maybe that was what she needed or wanted to hear. Where he was when his daughter passed away without him knowing or maybe she was just looking for someone to pin the blame on.

But the hate she felt that moment for Abdul she knew is something that she will never get over in her whole life and she cried, she doesn't even know when the tears came, she just found herself crying, sobbing and whimpering.

Layla cried, she cried and cried and cried until the tears stopped coming out

                              ****

"How are the two of you coping?" Jawad asked his friend weakly.

Is just a week after the incident and Abdul look unrecognizable, he can't imagine how Layla will be doing now.

Abdul relaxes back on the sofa taking a deep breath. "I don't know." He admitted sincerely.

"Layla's family are still with her." He went on calmly. "They hardly leave her alone. We only see each other at night." Which is the plain truth cause he can remembered how many words they exchange since then.

"Did she know your where about and who you're with that night?" Jawad asked cause even though he is not a woman he knew that what his friend did is totally unforgivable.

Even if a woman forgives you for that kind of mistake, she is going to use it forever againstyou.

"No I don't think so." Abdul mumbles slowly. "Even if she has she most have decided not to talk to me about..."

"Ouch..." Abdul yell holding his shoulder where Jawad hit somewhat playful but also seriously.

"You have done enough damage already Azeez. Do.not.let her ever find out." He warned seriously.