35. best friend proposals

Start from the beginning

"Man, they look breathtaking," Ishan whispered to Shubman, his eyes never leaving Kriti's radiant form as she expertly captured moments with her camera.

Shubman nodded in agreement, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Yeah, they do," he replied, his gaze lingering on Shobhana, who was immersed in capturing the essence of the celebration through her lens.

As the evening progressed, the festivities reached a crescendo, with the beats of the dhak drums filling the air and the crowd swaying to the rhythm of the music. Shobhana and Kriti moved gracefully through the crowd, their cameras clicking away as they captured the essence of the celebration in all its glory.

Meanwhile, the cricketers' wives - Anushka Sharma, Athiya Shetty, Ritika, and Natasa - added to the elegance of the event in their stunning Anarkali suits. Each woman exuded grace and poise, their outfits adorned with intricate embroidery and delicate embellishments that shimmered in the soft glow of the lanterns.

As the night wore on, Shubman found himself drawn to Shobhana's side, unable to resist the magnetic pull of her presence. He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close as they watched the festivities unfold together.

"You look absolutely stunning, Shobhana," Shubman whispered, his voice filled with admiration.

Shobhana smiled up at him, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "Thank you, Shubman. You look pretty handsome yourself," she replied, her voice soft with affection.
As the vibrant Durga Puja celebration continued, Shubman and Ishan found themselves pulled away from the crowd by their teammates - Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, and the others. The men wore playful grins as they ushered Shubman and Ishan into a quiet corner of the venue, away from prying eyes and the pulsating rhythms of the music.

"What's going on, guys?" Shubman asked, a hint of amusement in his voice as he glanced around at his teammates, all wearing mischievous expressions. Ishan shot Shubman a questioning look, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Yeah, what's with the secrecy?" he added, his curiosity piqued.

Rohit Sharma, the captain of the Indian cricket team, stepped forward, "We've been watching you two all night, stealing glances at your lovely ladies," he began, his tone playful yet serious.

Virat Kohli nodded in agreement. "And we can't help but wonder - when are you going to take the next step and propose to Shobhana and Kriti?" he asked, his voice laced with anticipation.

Shubman and Ishan exchanged startled glances, their cheeks flushing with embarrassment at being caught off guard by their teammates' interrogation. But deep down, they knew that the question had been lingering in their minds for quite some time.

"We've been together for a while now, haven't we?" Ishan mused, his gaze drifting to where Kriti stood, chatting animatedly with Shobhana.

Shubman nodded, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. "Yeah, we have. And I've been thinking about it, honestly," he admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

The men nodded in understanding, their expressions softening as they offered words of encouragement. "You love her, don't you?" KL Rahul chimed in, his tone gentle yet firm.

Shubman's heart swelled with emotion at the question. "More than anything," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Ishan mirrored Shubman's sentiment, his eyes shining with conviction. "And I love Kriti with all my heart. She's my rock, my everything," he added, his voice filled with sincerity.

Rohit clapped Shubman and Ishan on the back, a proud smile spreading across his face. "Then what are you waiting for, lads? Tonight's the perfect night to pop the question," he declared, his voice filled with excitement.