9. KKR Match And Confessions

Shubman pov

Time flew fast. Like woosh!!

And today is the KKR match. Like I'm excited on the outside but dying on the inside. What if I mess it up?

"You won't," I heard Shobi speak as she handed me the water bottle.

I looked at her confused. "I heard your mind voice," she answered.

"Oh." was the only word which left my mouth.

"Look, Shubman. I have faith in you. You have worked so hard for this match. Don't worry." she spoke her hands on my shoulders.

I smiled at her. What did I do to deserve her?

"Thanks," I replied as she furrowed her eyebrows. "For what?" she asked.

"For your wise words ma'am," I answered smirking as she chuckled.

Over the past few days, I realized that I have fallen for her. It wasn't a small crush. It wasn't just for her looks but her personality. I really want to tell her but don't know when.

"Hey, I gotta go. Okay? Don't stress," Shobhana spoke ruffling my hair before running off.

Smiling to myself I went to the nets where I saw Dinesh Karthik and Andre Russel. "Yo bro who's got you smiling like that?" Dre smiled as I just smiled more.

"Oh, I got it. Dre, it's obviously Shobhana." Dinesh smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Can we practice now?" I groaned.

"Are you sure?" Dinesh asked causing me to furrow my brows.

"You don't wanna stare at your girl over there?" Andre laughed as I turned to see her clicking photos.

"Guys!" I exclaimed as they laughed.

Shobhana's POV

"Hey come on you guys only need a few more runs right? You can easily win" I say to a nervous Shubman.

We were intently watching the team play when we saw Dinesh get out.

"Dammit," I mutter. "Go Shub," I urge as he gets up and wears his helmet.

"Okay." he sighs before running off.

Over the last few days, I have fallen hard for Shubman. The looks and the personality swept me off my foot.

I wanna tell him but don't know.

I sit there watching the game. Shubman was on strike and hit 2 sixers causing me to smile. Soon the game was finished with KKR winning the match. Shub had scored 18 runs and Andre scored 49.

I couldn't help but hug him when he came. He hugged me back instantly spinning me in the air causing me to laugh.

"You did great!" I smile as he shrugs. " I scored only 18 runs."

"So what? You still helped the team win na?" I ask as he nods. "That's true."
.

About an hour back everyone had come back to their rooms. Kriti had gone over to one of her relative's house.

I was reading It Ends with Us when I came across a line Atlas tells causing me to squeal. I need to rant about this to someone. Aahhh.

Oh yes, I could tell Shubman.
Immediately taking the book I leave my room and knock on his door.

As soon as he opens the door I enter and start ranting. "I swear Atlas has the best words.

Like he is so cute and" I stop mid-sentence when I turn because Shubman was standing shirtless.

"You didn't tell me you gave something like this under your jersey Shub," I speak before closing my mouth with my hand.

"Oh yeah?" he smirks walking close to me.

"Sorry, it's just I-I" I stutter as he smirks. "Shub, what are you doing?" I gasp as he pins me against the wall.

"I really need to talk to you," he answers as I nod.

"Yeah."

"I really like you," he answers as I look at him. "What why?"

" Why not?" he asks.

" Like I'm just a normal girl but you're a celebrity. A cricketer Shub."

"I don't care. I really like you." he speaks sternly running his hand through his hair.

"I like you too Shub.More than anything."

His eyes brighten up when he hears me say that and smiles wide as I do the same.

"Yeah then let me," he replied placing his hands in my cheeks before attaching his lips to mine.