Adjera's Perceptive

**Part I: The Jacaranda Season**

The rain-slicked cobblestones of the arena beckoned, and I hesitated. It had been years since I last stepped into that place—the very spot where my parents had met their fate. Their absence weighed heavily on my heart, like a stone lodged in my chest. But duty called, and I was the designated bearer of news for the elderly.

The **Mino** awaited me—the revered mothers of our kingdom. Their wisdom was unmatched, their judgment swift. What would they say when they learned the truth? That I had avoided their presence for so long? That I had hidden from their scrutiny?

The jacaranda season was in full bloom, a riot of purple confetti fluttering down from the ancient trees. Their delicate scent hung in the air, sweet and nostalgic. Each petal felt like a step on a memory lane, leading me back to happier times. When Mother, Forna, and I wove garlands for our hair, and Father watched, his eyes crinkling with pride.

Father had spun tales about the jacaranda trees—stories from distant lands. He'd regaled us with legends of love and loss, of magic woven into their lavender blooms. And now, as I stood on the threshold of the arena, those stories echoed in my mind.

**Part II: The Mino's Gaze**

The Mino awaited me beneath the purple canopy. Their eyes, like ancient amethysts, bore into my soul. I approached, my heart pounding. Would they see my fear? My guilt?

And there she was—my old friend, **Tamou**, now a Mino herself. Her laughter lines etched deeper, her gaze knowing. She had always been the mischievous one, the girl who climbed the tallest jacaranda trees and dared the gods to strike her down.

Tamou's presence was unexpected. She had vanished from my life after the incident—the one we never spoke of. The memory of her betrayal still stung, like the thorns hidden among the jacaranda blossoms. Yet, here she was, her gaze fixed on me with a mix of sorrow and understanding.

Lysa nudged me forward, breaking the spell. She was a French person who acknowledged the Mino and joined the tribe ."Speak," she said, her voice echoing through the purple haze. The truth lay heavy on my tongue, and I wondered if the jacaranda trees would bear witness to my confession. 

---

*As I mentioned Tamou's name, her eyes flared with anger. The once-playful girl had transformed into a formidable Mino, her patience worn thin.*

**Tamou**: "So, **Fujo**, you finally crawl back from your self-imposed exile. What brings you here? More secrets to spill? More lies to weave?"

Her words cut deeper than any thorn. I clenched my fists, my own anger rising. "I've come with news," I replied, my voice steady. "News that concerns us all."

Tamou scoffed. "Us all? Or just you? You've always been adept at twisting truths to suit your needs."

I took a deep breath, ignoring the tremor in my hands. " Marina the one who pushed the king is weak . She fell down yesterday "

Tamou's eyes narrowed. "And why should I believe you? After all these years?"

"Because," I said, my voice low, " I live with her and she's my .. fr-friend "

Tamou's anger flared anew. " How do I know you didn't push her ."

I met her gaze, unyielding. "We should have teamwork that's what the Mino is about."

She laughed, bitter and harsh. "Work together? You and I? The girl who fled when duty called? The girl who left me to face their judgment alone?"

I swallowed the bitterness rising in my throat. "Tamou, I—"

"Save it," she spat. "Your words mean nothing. Actions speak louder." 

I didn't understand what I had done wrong she was in the fault not me . "Stop talking about this as if it's my fault", I burst out.

The room crackled with tension, the air thick with unspoken accusations. Tamou's eyes bore into mine, her anger a palpable force. But this time, it was different. This time, I was the one who burned with rage.

"You think I pushed her?" I snapped, my voice low and dangerous. "After everything we've been through, you doubt me?"

Tamou's lips curled into a bitter smile. "Actions speak louder than words," she retorted. "And your actions? They scream betrayal."

I clenched my fists, the weight of her words crushing me. "You don't understand," I hissed. "I had no choice."

"No choice?" Her laughter was harsh. "Funny how duty always seems to come before friendship."

I took a step forward, my anger boiling over. "This isn't about duty," I spat. "It's about survival. You think I wanted to leave you behind? You think I wanted to watch them judge you?"

Her eyes narrowed. "And yet you did."

I turned away, unable to bear the accusation in her gaze. "Sometimes," I said, my voice raw, "the hardest choices are the ones that haunt us forever."

And with that, I walked away, leaving behind the girl who had once been my friend. The Mino's emblem burned against my chest, a constant reminder of my failure. But maybe, just maybe, out there in the darkness, I could find redemption.

As the stars whispered secrets above, I vowed to prove myself. To Tamou, to the Mino, and to the girl I had left behind. Because sometimes, anger was the only fuel that kept us moving forward. And perhaps that was also your fuel.