Desperate Hope//Chapter 49

Depuis le début

'Damn it, I screwed up! This is the baby denden-Mushi!! What have I done!? I was so careless!! HOW COULD I HAVE PRESSED THE GOLDEN DENDEN-MUSHI!!? WORST OF ALL, I TRIGGERED THE BUSTER CALL!!'

At that last bit, both ladies went silent as they stared wide-eyed at the contraption.

'...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE...!? CANCEL IT IMMEDIATELY—!!! ITLL HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES!!'

Faythe gasped and strained against Quinn's hold, "—ROBIN!!" She recognized that voice anywhere.

'WHAAAT!? Cancel it!? ...Hey, hey, look who you're talking to!! Wahahahaha!! Bring it on, Buster Call!! What's wrong with it!?' Man Child spoke up, 'That's right... It's okay. I'm the Chief of Cipher Pol No. 9. In order to deliver you to the government without fail, I triggered the Buster Call!! Ha.. Ha.. That's a good cause isn't it...!? So in case anything does happen here, at least we will certainly slaughter the pirates!!'

'How foolish... I've told you!!! It won't end just there. That attack doesn't involve any human emotion!! It'll burn down everything on this Enies Lobby!! Buildings and humans!! Even the island itself...!!' Robin retorted in a strong tone, 'It'll sacrifice everything to carry out the goal; A diabolical focus-fire!! That is the Buster Call!! You're like that because you don't know what happened 20 years ago in Ohara...!!!'

A snort of a laugh left the Man Child over the speaker, 'That's fine... That just means this is such an important case for the government...!! Now that that idiot Cutty Flam has burned Pluton's Blueprints, your existence is the only way for us to get the Ancient Weapon. Military strength that will overturn an era is dependent upon it...!! Even if several thousand soldiers die in the process of burying the idiots who are trying to take you away, we can say that it's simply an unavoidable sacrifice for the glorious future!!! Most of all, my promotion depends on this, too!!'

'WHAT DO YOU THINK HUMAN LIVES ARE!?'

'Don't forget. CP9 is the government's secret intelligence organization. If we need 100 deaths in order to save 1000, THEN WE'LL KILL THOSE 100 PEOPLE ON THE SPOT, WITHOUT HESITATION. FOR TRUE JUSTICE, SACRIFICES ARE NEEDED, TOO!' Man Child took a deep breath, 'EITHER WAY THOSE USELESS SOLDIERS ARE BETTER OFF DEAD! THEY COULDN'T EVEN STOP THE INTRUDING PIRATES, IDIOT BASTARDS!!"

'That baby denden-Mushi... is off hook.'

'EHHH!? AGHH!! SHIT!! EVERYONE HEARD THE CONVERSATION JUST NOW!!? ... B-B-By the way, this is Strawhat Luffy....'

'EVERYONE, PLEASE LEAVE THE ISLAND!! BUSTER CALL IS AIMED AT ENIES LOBBY!!! IF YOU STAY ON THE ISLAND, YOU WON'T SURVIVE!!!' Robin tried warning them.

'Don't say unnecessary things—!!!'

'ARGH—!!' A slap was heard. Following with a thud.

"ROBIN—!!" Faythe gasped.

With a few beeps leaving the denden-mushi the signal was cut off.

Quinn looked at the denden Mushi with a bored look, before peering down at the rising aggravated pirate beneath her heeled boot, "Seems like your little friend there had a rough reawakening at her situation..."

Faythe gritted her teeth.

"But besides that, I do seem to realize what Lucci was going on about breaking you... But his tactics were wrong.." She twirled her gun around a pointed finger, "See. He went through the process through physical means... But here you still stand... Your side almost ripped out, shoulder shot, arm shot, a bleeding head... Probably even some internal bleeding—! And yet..." She leaned down and tapped the barrel of the gun on her head, "You still have that fire in your eyes. A light. Some would dare say hope." She spat out the last word, "Why?"

Faythe dug her nails into the stone ground, her forehead pushing against the ground, "Because... As long as Robin still fights against her past... Neither will I—!" Her blazing eyes glanced over her shoulder and met Quinn's wide ones, "BEAST FORM—!!"

"—What!??"

Almost immediately Quinn was raised into the air and smashed into a wall, a tater forming around her as she slid down onto the floor. Her eyes looking up to see a monstrous creature with crooked wings looming around its figure. Colorful feathers muddied in blood as it raised its long neck to release a shuddering screech to the air.

"QUINNNNNNNNNN—!!!!!!"

The agent shivered at the broken name, her hands falling to her cutlasses in hurry as she stood up to face such a creature, "The rumors were true...! There's no taming this—This monster!! She's the so called rumored..."

"Failed Soldier—!!"

/:/~***~/:/

I can't wait to show her new ability soon!!!

And what do you think 'Failed Soldier' means??

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter!

Word Count:(1968)

Let's finish this fight!!!