Desperate Hope//Chapter 49

Start from the beginning

Faythe gasped when the agent disappeared from her view and began circling her in all corners of the room. Her eyes searched left and right as she tried to focus on her instincts, "Where...?"

She didn't have time to react when she received a stab from behind into her arm.

"AGGHCKK—!!"

Faythe fell forward and caught herself as she swiped at the air behind her, but nothing was cut at, "Fuck!"

"Run~! Run~! Run~! Run as fast as you can...! Fight as long as you can...! Strive for how low you are in life...!" A tone spoke up in a singer tone, "And become the worst thing that crawls in your inner soul~!" Two pairs of cutlasses leered out of the darkness, their sharpness gleams and shined a light—alerting the red head quickly.

Faythe jumped forward into a roll as she dodged a fatal swipe from Quinn's swords, her breathing coming out shot as she barely had time to breathe before having to defend her life, "At this point... Your different wants and motivations have merged and your mind can't choose between your loyalty to your government and your love for your brother—!" She blocked another on coming attack with her hardened feather blade, "And to solve this problem, you use Justice as a foothold to justify your brother's sinful acts and say he got what he got?? That's your brother! Family!"

"And he was a murderer...! My allegiance is to my government and work now...! And now I have a new goal!!" She smiled widely, her face inching closer, "Now all those sinful people can atone for their actions by being killed by my hand....! I'll be the one to grant them mercy!" She barked out a psychotic cackle.

Faythe's face darkened, "Playing god is a dangerous game....!"

"Then I guess, you'll be the first to atone your sins in my path of redemption!" Quinn veered Faythe's blades to the side with a strong flick, before butting the end of her cutlass into the base of Faythe's throat.

"GAGGHH!!"

Faythe stumbled back with her hand on her sore throat, coughing out roughly.

Quinn then proceeded to grab Faythe by the hair and drag her towards her. With one strong connect, she kneed the red head in the gut.

"KAUAAGH—!!"

Faythe's vision blurred for a moment as she tried to push herself away, but was inevitably smashed into the ground with her head being pinned down. Her stomach facing the ground, while Quinn used her knee to keep her hands to restrain her.

"And now...? For the best part..!!" Quinn giggled excitedly. She held up a pistol. Her thumb taking the safety measure off, "I'm in range to shoot that bastard of a friend you have other there right. In. The. Heart."

Wyper was waiting out of the room with his shooters on the side and his back turned away from their fight so he wouldn't be able to hear everything spilling from Quinn's mouth. He respected Faythe. So he'll respect her privacy as well.

Faythe's entire posture shook, "...What..??"

"Wouldn't that be fun...!? We can watch together as he bleeds out—! Slowly... Painfully." A twisted smile grew on the agent's face.

Faythe immediately started retaliating, her arms stretching their muscles, her legs kicking as she tried rolling over, "You wouldn't! You said I was gonna be the first to be atoned for my sins!! NOT HIM!!"

Quinn giggled, "Who says he deserves atonement...??" Her eyes spiraled deliriously.

"Eh...!?"

Just then before Quinn could pull the trigger, her den den Mushi was calling and vibrating in her pocket. She clicked her tongue and raised her pistol sassily, "What does this prick want now? Ruining my fun..." She muttered a few curses before answering, "Yeah!?"