Slowpoke In Training

You both heard footsteps from the front of the house, and assumed it was Jessie.

You gathered up your pokemon, putting them back in their pokeballs. You made sure to return Totodile last.

"James, why in all of Johto have you two been out here for so long?" you heard Jessie ask James.

"We were doing exactly what you told us to," he replied. "Battling. And I'll have you know I've taught them a lot of valuable things today. Isn't that right?" He looked to you.

You nodded awkwardly.

James looked back to Jessie. "See? Now it must be true."

Jessie took a deep, tired breath. "Sure. Anyway..."

You waited for them to be busy in conversation, and then ducked back down to yourself.

"Listen to me, Toto."

Totodile immediately focused on you. The moonlight gleamed in his obediant eyes. "Toto?"

"I don't know where they're gonna put you, but just know that I'm not abandoning you. I'm---we're gonna figure this all out. And once we do, we'll be together like normal again. And then we can go out and make you a bunch of new friends, okay?"

He nodded. "Totodile!"

You smiled. "Okay. Just remember. I wouldn't give you up for anything."

He nodded once more.

You held his pokeball up. He didn't return.

"Uhm...Toto..."

He stared up at you.

"You gotta..." You gently waved the pokeball for him to focus on. "You've done this before, I know you can do it."

He shook his head. "Toto," he said firmly.

You sighed. "Why not?"

He grabbed onto your leg.

"...Oh-kay." You smiled, in on his plan. "Well, I guess I can't force you. But be careful. They have a lot of strong pokemon that could hurt you a lot, Toto. You'll probably be forced to return at some point."

You put all of the pokeballs back into the bag, including Totodile's empty one.

You walked up to James and Jessie with Totodile still clinging onto your leg.

Jessie stopped what she was saying immediately. "Trainer. Put that Totodile back in his pokeball."

"Can't," you said. "He won't let me."

James looked down at the Totodile and smiled. "They've got a point, Jess. Pokemon can refuse."

"Well! Then I'll just make them return myself."

You backed away. "I wouldn't do that. I may not know much about pokemon, but I do know that Totodiles have the ability to crush almost anything. Example: all of the bones in your hand and / or wrist."

"Uh-" Jessie was dumbfounded for a moment. "You psycho!" she shouted. "You wouldn't let him do that to people, would you?!"

"I don't know. He's got a mind of his own. He is a pokemon, after all."

"Are you a sociopath? A sadist?? Think of the innocent people!"

"Where?"

James stopped himself from laughing. "They're right again, Jessie. If anyone deserves to have all of the bones in their hand and / or wrist crushed, it's us."

Jessie whined with her voice breaking, "I'd rather not have that happen, James!"

"Me neither. Which is why I won't be attempting to separate them."

James x Reader | Pokemon | - | REWRITE |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara