No Time for Introductions

You put Totodile on the ground and went through your bag to make sure you had everything you could need. Potions, Pokeballs, some berries for him...

You walked slowly as you searched it. You didn't want to completely stop again, as a product of hearing those things near the canopy. You couldn't really make out the conversation, but hearing voices coming from trees was not really something you wanted to look into right now. And you felt that if you began to question things in this suspicious forest, you wouldn't get anywhere at all. So in a broader sense, you didn't want to look back to begin with.

A crashing sound behind you. Well, nevermind then.

Totodile jumped and spun around. You turned, hoping he didn't run off. He was noticeably startled, with his eyes jumping around wildly and his feet doing a panicky little dance.

You hurriedly scanned the grasses for the source of the crash. Was it an ambushing pokemon? The very thing you wanted to avoid the most? What would, what could, you do then?

Standing out from the dark green grass was the white fabrics from a person lying on the ground. It might not have been the last thing you had expected, but it was pretty far down the list of expected things.

You slowly walked up to them, and recognized them almost immediately. The white outfit, lavender hair, deep green eyes. The guy who almost tripped over you in Cherrygrove City.

And you then recognized him as matching the description of a wanted criminal.

Hm. Quite a clumsy criminal to be wanted so badly. And what the heck just happened? Had he fallen from a tree or something?

Oh. The tree voices. Right.

Well, it was probably in your best interest to get on the best side you could, if you could do anything at all to stop yourself from becoming a victim of this criminal. You knelt down to him. "Uhhh...do you need help or something?"

He smirked, and looked perfectly capable of getting himself up. But he said with a dramatic flair, "Oh, if you could be ever so kind..." as he put a gloved hand out.

You took it and pulled him up.

After he stood up, he looked down at his outfit and brushed it off, though it didn't seem to be very affected by his fall. "Well that was certainly an introduction."

"I think I've seen you before."

His brows furrowed. "Yes yes, I'm very aware." He smiled with a faint undertone of smugness, just enough to definitely be there but also make you question if you were looking into it too much. "But just because you recognize me does not mean you know who I am," he said.

You didn't want to bring up the whole "wanted criminal" thing, since that would probably just make the situation more dangerous. So you decided to play coy with the subject, even if it was brought up.

"Is that so? Who exactly are you then, if it's not too intruding?"

"Well wouldn't you like to know."

"Excuse me?"

He "hmphed" with another tone of smugness. "I'll introduce myself when I find you worthy of knowing me."

You stared at him with an unamused expression, wondering if that was really how he was planning to stay anonymous. "Mhm. Did you just fall out of a tree?"

"Does it really matter how I got here?"

"It sort of seems like you were stalking me, but of course I won't assume. Maybe you were just, oh I don't know..." you looked away, and then looked back at him, "having a nice conversation with the birds up there?"