TR | CherNoble

James watched the colored streaks of surroundings smear together outside the van's window. Jessie could drive as fast as she wanted and barely swerve.

James had overcorrected who knows how many times, and had limboed under death's scythe too many times to count.

But Jessie always had so much control.

James wished she wasn't the one in control a couple minutes ago. He thought about what had happened. He thought about the forest, about the pokemon, about everything. It had all happened so fast, and he had barely any time to process what exactly she had been planning to do. But one thing was for sure: he agreed with none of it.

James sighed. "Well that was awfully irresponsible."

Jessie's face was tense. Her volume raised a bit with each phrase, "Well feel free to tell me what else you would have done. Even though it serves no point, because like I said, you didn't do anything."

It was a sensitive subject for James, clearly. "Personally, I wouldn't have poisoned a large forest with impressive levels of biodiversity. Not only have you endangered an entire ecosystem, but you've also put us ourselves at risk of gas inhalation. You're lucky neither of us fell. We would all be dead, or almost that. I don't know what I would have done in your place, but rest assured to Arceus I wouldn't have done anything even remotely close to that!" He reached for his phone, which rested on the center console. "That's it. I'm reporting a gas leak to emergency services."

Jessie glanced at James' direction for a second. "Anonymously," she added for him.

James' shoulders raised with new tension. "As if that's the most important detail! You've put hundreds of pokemon's lives in peril and all you care about is not getting caught."

"I care about other things," Jessie said. "If Ilex Forest gets restricted access, we won't have nearly as many options of pokemon to farm locally."

James' voice was small. "Like thinking about that is any better. All you care about is the job."

"Whatever. Go call whoever you want to and complain about me however you want. But be quiet. I don't want them to wake up."

James remembered the person lying unconscious in the back seat, and was silent for the rest of the ride.

He would call about it later.