17. Time

By the time we had finished the movie, which happened to be horror, Eris was fast asleep with her head against my shoulder

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

By the time we had finished the movie, which happened to be horror, Eris was fast asleep with her head against my shoulder. Well, it wasn't against my shoulder at first but I kept seeing her head tip forward which would wake her again, it wasn't till a couple times after seeing it I decided to pull her head to my shoulder. I silently died with internal laughter every time her head kept bobbing up, pretending she was awake.

That wasn't the only time, for someone who claimed they loved horror movies her actions contradicted every word. The amount of times I saw her jump from a scene, i dont think a scared person jumps that much. It was entertaining and fun, who knew stubborn, stupid, spoiled Eris was so fun. It was 12.30am and the weather had gotten worse than before. I grabbed my phone and checked the weather, there was no chance I would be going home these holidays not with the weather looking like this. I silently cursed, before sending my grandmother's butler a message. She would be asleep, but he wouldn't, he never did, not until he was sure she was safe and the house was secure. He was the best at his job.

Leo: Hey Henry, let my grandmother know I don't think I will be making it home this Christmas, the weather is terrible and the snow has fallen heavy here in the city. Tell her I will call her tomorrow. Also there will be a delivery on the 23rd, they are the presents for Christmas which I couldn't be there to give you all myself. 

Drifter and I had a feeling we wouldn't be back home this year so once our flight was cancelled we got the presents sent for delivery. I was about to set down my phone when a message came through from none other than the devil himself.

Drifter: Hey, I managed to get the background checks for you, you're never going to believe what I've found.

Fuck, I thought when Drifters name appeared on my screen, he was calling.

"Hey, didn't expect you to call." Drifter said through the phone.

"You called me." I whispered, trying not to wake Eris.

"I don't have a clue what you're on about, you called me, anyway I called to let you know, I ran their background checks through the normal database we run everyone's through but it came back with nothing, nothing of relevance anyway. So I used the database Pierre used to make me use when we worked for him, I decided to run it through and you're going to be shocked with the things I found." Drifter informed me.

"How did you run it through the database you used to use for Pierre?" I asked confused, Pierre's database was top secret and rare to come by.

"Well Cobra, drifter boy is clever, before we left, I copied the blueprint and set up my own database. I had to change a couple things but I'd say it's way better than what Pierre uses." he joked.

"Well tell me then." I retorted, shaking my head at his idiocy.

"Well it's better I show you and tell you in person, this is not an over the phone conversation. And knowing now you work for Victor Sanchez, this may give you the upper hand to get what you need for him to hurry up this Pierre process." He mentioned.