5. Forced

Well chapter 5. Leo is in his Dick Era.
——————————————————————————

It had been a week since Leo had nearly knocked the life out of Mike

It had been a week since Leo had nearly knocked the life out of Mike. And that didn't stop Mike from sending me flowers and stupid notes every morning. If I was honest I never got a chance to read them because before I could get my hands on them Leo would have already disposed of them.

My father had called Leo over this morning to discuss the antics of him and Mike's fight. I wondered what they had spoken about. I could always just ask Leo but I doubt he would tell me especially if my father told him to keep it from me.

It was a Friday night and my father had planned a business gathering for all the people he knew. I hadn't ever gone to them as I didn't want to be known. And I was hoping I didn't have to go, but with what my dad has recently been enforcing, one being a bodyguard I wouldn't be surprised.

I left work at 5pm and as per usual Leo drove me home, did his usual check and walked me into the house. I had a massive parcel on the kitchen island. I opened the box which contained a note on the top.

Dear Eris,

I know you aren't fond of these parties but I would like you to attend and show people how much of a beautiful, smart business woman you are. I know you will probably be angry but please don't. This box consists of a dress, heels and a mask. I decided to make it a masquerade party so that way you wont be worried about people knowing your identity. And you have to come in partners and I thought it would be easy for Leo to accompany you. Please attend.

Your Loving Father.

"What kind of business gathering is a masquerade party. This is all stupid." I whispered to myself.

I jumped out of my skin when Leo reminded me of his presence, "We have to arrive by 7pm. So don't take your time."

Leo really had it in for me after his altercation with Mike last week. All week he has been dropping comments where he can.

Flashback to the day of Leo and Mike's Fight:

Leo came back up the elevator with a look of anger covering every inch of him from his face to his hands, which were curled up in fists. Scarlett was checking out my arm worried it may bruise, but I was more concerned about the look on Leo's face.

The rest of the afternoon he had a clenched jaw and fists everywhere we went. I left my office and decided to get a coffee from a local café and lunch place. I entered and went straight up to the counter as there wasn't anyone there.

"Hi, please may I order a coffee and possibly a sandwich, chicken please. Also, can I get an orange juice?" I asked.

"Of course you can," The man replied, "Sorry to ask but are you single." he asked , looking around my age, probably slightly older.

But before I could speak Leo interrupted.

"Sorry mate, she's taken." He spoke for the first time that afternoon.

"Oh sorry mate didn't know she was with you." He apologised.

"Oh no she's not, she's with a psycho who likes to get drunk and then abuse her in her office." He spoke with annoyance lacing his voice.

They were both conversing about me like I wasn't there.

"Oh she's that type." The man replied. But before Leo could even open his shithole I spoke,

"And what type would that be?," I asked angrily, "Last time I checked you had an order to prepare not to ask or discuss my love life."

Then I turned to Leo and poked him in the chest. "And if you want to keep a job I suggest you shut it." I walked off to a nearby table which was empty and took a seat.

They both shared a look while Leo placed an order and then the man got to preparing my order and Leo's.

Once Leo took a seat I kept giving him glares before making clear he had no right talking about me.

"Let me make something clear, you may be my bodyguard but you have no right commenting on my life including who I date, or used to." I half whisper aggressively.

"Well don't date stronzo's then we wouldn't be in this type of situation and considering I had to deal with one I do have a right." He spoke back in spite.

We both waited in silence then for the rest of the time it took for our order to be placed.

Back to the present time.

And that wasn't the only time.

I gave him a look before heading upstairs and showering. Once I got out I pulled on my dress and heels. I did a light makeup look and for my hair I put it into a bun with strands of curls, and my two fringes curled from the front.

Finally, I was ready. I grabbed a purse and let's not forget my mask and looked at the time, it was 6.30pm. Luckily just in time.

I headed down the stairs to Leo looking up at me.

I came to stand in front of him before speaking,

"Well I am ready just in time." I spoke confidently for once.

He looked me dead in the eyes before heading to my front door and exiting.

I locked up and double checked before getting into his car.

After 15 long minutes we arrived at my fathers gates. Leo drove in and the ground was full of random cars.

I placed on my mask and waited for Leo to come and open my door.

Once we were out he stood beside me. I was too busy looking up at the mansion my father had decorated. The last time I saw it like this was when... nevermind.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when Leo grabbed my arm and pulled it around his.

"Hey easy." I raised my voice.

"Well it gets annoying when I repeat myself 3 times. Are you deaf ?"He spoke back aggressively.

"Wow, what sticks up your arse?"I asked out of curiosity.

He didn't answer, just glared at me before pulling me along as he started walking towards the front doors.

———————————————————————————

1069 Words!

Hope you enjoy!