7. Discovery

The drive to my house was silent, Leo seemed angered by the interaction with Pierre, his jaw was clenched the whole drive

The drive to my house was silent, Leo seemed angered by the interaction with Pierre, his jaw was clenched the whole drive. It wasn't until we reached my house that I turned to him and asked him to do his usual checks of the house, he eyed me aggressively before exiting the car.

Once he was done he signalled from the door and I headed inside after him.

I placed my bag on the counter and pulled out the fresh lemonade I had made,

"Would you like something to drink?," I asked, "You seem like you need it, to be honest with Lisa all over you I thought you would be pleased." I laughed while grabbing two glasses.

As I turned to pass him his glass he nudged past me and went to sit at the kitchen island.

"Wow, rude much." I whispered.

"You know I don't remember asking you to speak, nor give me your thoughts, they are worthless to me." He spoke with hostility.

"What is up your arse tonight?" I retaliated.

He looked up at me before taking a sip from his glass.

"Mr La Ross warned me about Lisa and her father Pierre. He also told me the extent that Lisa would go to get what she wants." I informed him.

"So how do you know Pierre?" I asked hoping for an answer.

The silence was deafening while I stood gawkingly, waiting for an answer.

"Pierre was the first man I ever considered a father, not knowing much back then I listened to everything he told me, without ever questioning his actions. He made me do things I regretted, but later in life I realised I enjoyed them more than I should have." He declared.

"What things?" I whispered curiously.

He looked up at me before swallowing the last sip of lemonade. He dusted off his suit and started heading for the door.

"It's late." He bellowed before slamming the door shut behind him.

I had so many questions, what things? Who really was Pierre? Did my father know about him? Maybe I didn't know much about this business world.

I wanted answers, especially if he knew my father. Initially I was going to ask my father but I knew he would never tell me the truth, so I decided I would go straight to my fathers assistant and bodyguard, Wolf.

I looked down at my glass of lemonade and turned to leave.

The next morning I was awake early, desperate to get a hold of Wolf. I stepped into my office and started on the stacks of paperwork I had for recent fashion events and upcoming releases for my company.

Throughout the morning, my mind kept drifting back to Leo and curiosity grew inside me, what things did Pierre make him do. I also had no luck with getting in touch with Wolf. Maybe he was busy with my father, considering I drove myself into work and Leo had an apparent meeting with him. Maybe they were discussing last night's events and the early leave Leo and I took.

I huffed a breath and pushed back on my chair, I needed a break, I wasn't concentrating and I wanted to find out more about Pierre. I left my office and headed down to my car. I decided I would go to see my father and maybe get a chance to speak to Wolf.

I drove into my fathers driveway and parked up, Leo was still here. All morning? I thought, What was so important? I walked through the front door and headed in the direction of his office, but before I could open the door I heard shouting and yelling.

"WE NEED A PLAN!" a voice shouted, slamming his hands, I realised it was Leo's, what had him so riled up.

"I KNOW, YOU DON'T THINK I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF THAT." My father yelled.

There was a long pause before my father calmly spoke, "She can't know."

"Wouldn't it be best if she did? Instead of having her walk around clueless." Leo questioned.

"No, you will keep your mouth shut and do as you're told, my daughter, my rules." He aggressively toned.

"She may be your daughter but that isn't keeping her safe. She's 21 years old. I think she's old enough to not be a stupid spoiled princess in these situations. She's old enough to understand and old enough to be told." Leo cruelly remarked.

"DON'T YOU DARE REFER TO MY DAUGHTER LIKE THAT, I THINK YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO THE BOSS IS HERE AND WHO PAYS YOU EVERY MONTH." My father roared.

"You tell him." I whispered to myself but was quickly scolded when Wolf cleared his throat behind me.

I slowly turned and gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Care to explain?" His deep voice hummed.

"No..yes..wait, I didn't mean to but I couldn't help myself, if they are talking about me I should be included." I moaned, scrunching my eyebrows.

He stared at me with the scary face he always used to scare me, but I think he had forgotten I was no longer a kid.

"Anyway, originally I came here to see you." I stopped, looked around and directed him to follow me.

We went into the kitchen which was empty and I told him what I wanted.

"Oh please Wolf, my father won't tell me a soul and you're the only other person I can rely on." I begged.

"No Eris, I work for your father not you and if he isn't telling you he's probably keeping you safe." Wolf refused.

"Safe! You mean he thinks he's keeping me safe. Wolf this is urgent, I need to know this for my own safety and I swear Wolf if something happens to me because you couldn't give me the information I needed, I'll make sure you're the first to get fired." I threatened, feeling guilt eat at my heart.

Wolf clenched his jaw and took a step back, "I'll try to get the information you need."

I smiled and sighed a thank you.

——————————————————————————

1015 Words! New Chapter!