𝑨 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒚

I pulled my knife out of the fire. After taking off my jacket, I pressed the boiling hot blade onto the open wound. I wasn't exactly planning to run into Indra today, or to let her live. After everything she's done, I should've stabbed more than just her bicep.

I had to bite into the fabric of my shirt to keep from screaming. Tears filled the bottom of my eyes as the pain began to feel unbearable.

I decided that I should get some water on it before I pass out. I took nothing more than the still-very-hot knife. I'm sure it could kill as easily as a sword.

The river is cold today. Feeling like ice on the burnt skin. I sighed with relief, the pain slipping away like a shadow, just passing by.

By now, it's almost fully dark. Safe enough for me to travel less cautiously.

Sleep comes easy without distractions. I found my cave easily in the dark, which is hard most nights. I finally feel safe enough to fall asleep and wake up safely in the morning.
♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢
BANG!!!!!!

A large roar pierces the forest, waking me up in an instant. I have one less knife today, as the one I landed in Indra's flesh is probably being displayed in Polis right now.

I have to see what this is. And I understand that everyone on this side of the planet probably hears this, but I'll be careful.

The best place to look is the sky. That's where it's coming from. I climbed a tall tree like a sport. Partially to scan for whatever this sound is, and also because warriors will be coming around here at any moment.

At the very top of the tree, it feels even louder. I checked all of my surroundings, only to see some sort of bird? No. A machine.

I was taught about technology as a child. All of the stories ended in fire and death though. So naturally, I'm a bit scared. I've never seen something like this before.

A fire is brewing on the end of the machine, smoke trails behind it. I have a good idea of where it's going, so I jumped down to follow it.

On my way, the machine lands with a big thud. The ground beneath me vibrates, and I struggle to stay on my feet. Finally, it is in sight.

I fell to the ground, blending myself with the forest. Sadly, the machines fire burnt many trees in the area, along with the grass too.

A big door flings open. Now I can see inside. There is people. Sky People.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢
𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒑𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔!!!!

𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆, 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒍 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒓 𝒊 𝒄𝒂𝒏.