𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚(𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉)

I haven't been impaled in my leg for years. Being impaled in general sucks, but it's even worse when it's my leg. I can barely walk, let alone run. It's a weakness. It is incredibly dangerous to be where I am with such a weakness. Especially now, with the Sky People running wild everywhere. They set off these weird pink lights in the sky. They might as well have just gotten a megaphone and spelled out their coordinates for the whole forest to hear.

Should I really keep trying to get them to trust me?

Yes. They have my swords. The single most important thing in the world to me.

I think I'll go see how the Sky People are doing. I limped out of the cave, my leg is feeling a little better, I guess. I limped around for a few minutes, before I heard a low, angry scream behind me. It was a man, probably from Polis.

"You killed my brother!" Tears fell down his face, sweat beaded on his forehead. I've ruined his life. I know just how to fix it. I reached back, but realized that all of my weapons are back at the cave. This is going to be hard.

He has nothing but a knife, and enough anger to kill anyone he pleases. He swung the knife at me, I ducked under his arm, then turned around and shoved him to the ground. He sobbed, then tightened his grip on the old knife. The ground below him shifted as he stomped toward me. Of course, I can't run. So I'll just have to fight and hope I don't die.

He went straight in to stab me, aiming for my neck. I grabbed his arm before he could, holding the knife away from my face.

"Who was he?" I grunted, struggling to keep him away. His eyebrows furrowed, he took a step closer. "Your brother?"

"You seriously don't remember." He cried. I probably would if gave me a name, but this his moment of weakness. I shoved his hand away, punched his face as hard as I possibly could. I felt a slightly disturbing crunch under my fist, the sound of a breaking bone. He fell to the ground. His breathing is ragged and uneven, I could tell he was in immense pain. I know what it's like to feel like that.

I took the knife out of his hand, closing my eyes before sinking it into his chest. Right where the heart is.

"I'm sorry."