11. Haldi

Mridalni's pov...........

I was just sleeping restless after the horrible day suddenly I heard a banging sound on the door with a voice of a female not any female it was Sakshi's voice

"Mridu uth jaa haldi ke liye der ho jayega warna." (Mridu wake up or you will be late for haldi)

I looked at my phone for the time and jolted my body up realising I'm late already. It was already 1 pm and haldi was starting at 2:30 pm. I looked at myself to make sure the stains of past night were covered and opened the door. She came in with a plate full of food with her.

"Have some chole chawal your favourite and freshen up and call me we will get ready together till then I'll go and finish some work

"Have some chole chawal your favourite and freshen up and call me we will get ready together till then I'll go and finish some work. And before going why didn't you inform me that you were gonna come home we would have slept together like old times." Sakshi said while raising an eyebrow at me.

"Oh it was unexpected. Btw thanks for this tasty meal." I said while grabbing the plate from her hands and taking a bite.

"Mmmhhhhh tasty as always." I moaned while taking the bite.

Sakshi was silently watching me and came to me and patted my back lovingly and said "I know mridu something is wrong but I don't want to pressurize you, whenever you are comfortable just come and talk to me I'll always be there for you no matter what." She said in a sweet and sincere tone.

"I'll be going now and no sulking or else I'll take you bungee jumping." Sakshi threatened me as she knows I'm afraid of heights.

"Okay my girl I'll be happy and how can't I you brought me chola chawal my favourite." I told her while giving her a smile and taking a bite.

She gave me a small smile and left the room while closing the door. I sat on the bed while recollecting everything and unknowingly a tear slipped from my eyes.

"No mridalni no sulking or else Sakshi will take me to bungee jumping." I tried to make my mood light but whom am I faking it I know nothing will work at this moment. But still for not ruining the current vibe of everyone I tried to mask it up and got myself busy with the daily routine. I finished up my food and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a bath. After about 20 minutes I came out wearing my bathrobe. I bought this a long time ago as I found it really pretty but never really got much chance to wear it. I removed my outfit for today. Sakshi insisted that we wear sexy outfits for all the ceremonies as we are the only girls from bhai's side. Sakshi is the only girl in her family so everyone treats her like a princess and you can say that they have kinda adopted me as they think of me as the second child of the family. So here I am wearing a unique and sexy outfit and the same goes for Sakshi.

I called her to come into my room so that we could get ready as we were getting late. She was in my room in less than five minutes.

"Oh god are you a relative of flash?" I asked her.