04. Home sweet home?

Mridalni's pov........

Finally I am in Mumbai. I missed this place a lot. This is my entire childhood or you can say my entire life is. After saying thanks to the man I went out and towards luggage counter to take my luggage.

After this I removed my phone from my bag to call my dad and saw my boyfriend's missed call. I called him immediately as I know he is already furious I don't want him to cancel our marriage and the deal.

He picked up the call on the third ring "Hello have you reached Mumbai?" Came his voice

"Yes just now" I replied

"Okay don't forget what I told you" he said angrily

"Yes I won't, I love you " I said half heartedly

"Okay" he said uninterestedly

"I need to call my dad I'll cut the call now" I told him

"You know na he won't pick up your call but anyways good luck with your try" he mocked me and cut the call

And that hurted me a lot even though I know it's true but still I always call him whenever I come back and he never picks my call and never comes to pick me up leave this he never picked up my call after my mom died and I went to Bangalore just we talk on message only when I need money he will reply that the money has been sent and again ghost me.

To make him happy I even got scholarship in first year but he never acknowledged or looked at it. He has never even looked at me after fixing up my marriage to my boyfriend as him and his father was childhood friend and my boyfriend's father was helping him to regain his buisness so his condition was me to marry his son.

Actually my boyfriend is not only my boyfriend but my fiance too. And we are engaged. But I don't wear my engagement ring as he told me that he doesn't want people to know that we are engaged. He never wanted to marry me so he treats me horribly. He has never even confessed to me. He even hits me and give me punishment for silly mistake. There are even burn marks on my body. To hide it I always wear full clothes or apply foundation. Just because of him I started to apply makeup.

I tried to break my engagement but my father threaten me that I will not break this engagement or else he will disown me. I have already lost mom just two years ago I can't afford to loose my dad too so I put up with as much as I could.

I called my dad even though I knew that he wouldn't pick up I was disappointed that he didn't pick up.

I tried again but still no response.

I went outside and check whole airport even the parking and all in hope that he might be here but no he was not here. It was now 2 in the morning by the time I took a cab from airport to my house.

I always keep the house keys with me because my dad rarely stays at home. Bar is now the first home for him. He go there regularly and drinks till he passes out.

I reached my home till 3 as there wasn't any traffic at this time and went inside using my key.

As usual no one was there at home. He only comes here to take bath and to change his clothes or else this is just another abandoned home except when I come.

I went towards my room to change and sleep as I was hella tired so I changed into my night dress.

Mridalni's night dress

After changing I was about to put my phone on charging I got a call from my boyfriend.

Realisation hit me that I haven't even informed him about the situation. I was really scared that he might be angry right now so I picked up the call not making him more angry by making him wait.

"Hello" his voice echoed in the silent room

"Hello" I replied in a slow tone

"What time is it right now?" He asked me in a taunting way

"It's 3:30 am right now" I told him in a scared voice

"And what did I tell you ?" He asked

"That I should update you about each and every detail whether on call or on text" I told him scared

"Then why the hell you haven't called me yet? Am I mad or what that I have to just wait for you every fucking time" He shouted like a mad man

" No I'm sorry I just now reached home " I told him scared

"Then what the hell were you doing all this time sleeping around? If that's the case then tell me I'll inform your dad to leave you in a brothel." He shouted in a venomous tone.

"No I was just stuck in traffic " I told him a lie while trying to control my tears as I don't want him to get more angry and taunt me again and again

"So why the hell you didn't inform me I was waiting like a mad person that you will call me you fucker" he shouted on me.

"I'm sorry my phone battery was dead " I lied to him again

"Then why you didn't inform when we were on call?" He shouted angrily

"I forgot about this I'm really sorry please accept my apology " I begged him to make him calm

"Do you think that I'm an idiot waiting for your call or message and you didn't even say anything?" He shouted in irritable voice

"I'm really sorry please calm down " I begged him while controlling my tears

"I'm really tired of your sorry, I'm going to cut the call don't call me again till I call you " he said angrily and cut the call.

After he cut the call I let my tears flow down and curled myself on my bed and was crying till I slept.