10. Emotionally drained

Mridalni's pov......

After finishing our ice cream Bhai dropped me home and everyone went to their home as it was already 3 am and tomorrow was bhai's haldi.

I wanted to ask bhai if I could stay at your place till his wedding as it wasn't my first time asking. Bhai's whole family thinks of me as their own child but I didn't got any chance to ask as it was already late.

I was just standing outside the house as I didn't wanted to go inside. I just contemplating whether I should go in or not.

At this point I wasn't sure if my dad will be at home or not. I was mentally not prepared to face him again.

After thinking for about half an hour I thought to go inside. Well it was already late and the month of July so it started to rain.

Thankfully I was home after my seventh semester got over as there was a new rule in my college that they will complete 6th and 7th semester in one go to give students time for internship.

I haven't told anyone yet but I have already been placed with 50lpa in the most prestigious company of India. The reason I haven't shared it to anyone as the result came in today and I was happy to share it with my dad but leave it.

I have already did a six months internship in this and haven't told a soul about this. Even Aditya don't know about this even though we live in the same flat but he was mostly out with his friends all the time and used to come home really late. Even weekends he used to spend with them so basically he was unaware what I was doing at home. But I already knew that on weekends he used to go to other girls to get pleasure.

He tried to do sex with me but I had told him that we will do it after marriage. It's not that I'm old fashioned or something but I really don't want to do it with him. At the starting of the relationship we were a happy couple and Aditya was the boyfriend anyone would die for but after our engagement everything changed drastically. Initially when I felt in love with him I thought that he is just stressed out about college and all but as we spent more time it was all clear that no he was just hiding his disguise in the beginning.

My love has already faded for him what's left are the fragments of my heart. He shattered my hopes just the way he shattered the glass full of wine. I'm foolish for finding lights in a void.

I pushed my thoughts away and mustered all the courage to go inside the house. Luckily the house was locked but I was still having doubt because it's central lock is from inside.

I unlocked the door with my key and pushed the door open revealing empty hall. I heaved a sigh of relief and turned around to lock the door.

Suddenly the dim hall came into life and my back stiffened. Without missing a beat I turned around. And there I found my father sitting on the sofa looking at me with his eyes filled with rage and hatred and beside him was lying 5 bottles of whiskey.

I gulped hard and was really scared from inside but didn't showed it and was looking here and there instead of looking at him.

And looking at my reaction I don't know what I triggered but he stood up with eyes red as devil and screamed

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY AFTER SAYING SUCH THINGS AND HAVING THE AUDACITY TO SHOW YOUR FACE NOW!!!!!"

I didn't notice anything before he went behind the sofa and pulled out the suitcases. It was familiar it was my suitcase. And came near me and grabbed my forearms tightly making me hiss in pain.

"YOU BASTARD BECAUSE OF YOU I HAVE LOST MY DEAL WITH ADITYA'S DAD AND THEY WANT TO CANCEL THE ENGAGEMENT NOW GO AND FIX IT BEFORE I RIP YOU APART." He said angrily and dragged me out of the house.