I felt myself blush.

"I-I hate you." I whispered softly and looking in front of the teacher.

"No you don't. I'm pretty sure you love me." He cockily whispered back.

"As much as I love you." He added gently and poking me with a pencil.

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes while still blushing.

He laughed angelically and I just couldn't help but stare at him.

Someone tapped my shoulder and brought me back to a silent room.

It's still third class. Nobody seemed to notice I dozed off aside from Levy-chan.

She looked at me and her eyes widen in concern.

I felt rain pour on my arm.

I looked outside the window to close it.

It wasn't raining.

"Lu-chan are you okay?" Levy-chan asked quietly looking concern.

"Yeah. Why'd you ask?" I ask sounding confused.

Her face looked like she was about to cry then she held both my cheeks.

She wiped something on my face and showed me...

Water from my eyes? Tears?

I felt my heart broke into pieces.

I should've moved on by now...

So why?

Why won't my tears and emotions settle?

Bell rings and Third class is over.

-Fourth class-

Teacher: Laxus Dreyar

Subject: Gym

Gym location: G/F near pool area

Now this is what you call exciting!

I was mentally grinning from ear to ear for my next class.

Can't wait to see his face!

Levy-chan and I walked to the gym located on the lower ground near the garden and pool.

I made sure to stay at the back and remained unnoticed.

I smirked evilly on my mind and waiting to be introduced to our instructor.

"I'd like to meet the new transfers this year. Step forward." Laxus commanded.

Levy-chan was the first one to step in. I followed several minutes later.

I slowly looked up to see his eyes almost bulging off of its socket.

I giggled mentally. I bit my cheeks to suppress my laughter or even smiling.

He slowly regained composure and fake a cough.

Man! This school surely rocks! Almost everyone I love is in it!

Then again...

Almost...

When I stared at Laxus, for a bit. It immediately reminded me of him...

I feel my heart starting to empty, and unable to hold any kind of emotion.

Laxus looked at me with concern in his eyes. I know that he knows what I'm thinking of.

"Alright. Introduce yourselves." Laxus says softly looking down.

"Whoa! What happened to the Monster Dreyar? Becoming a softie all of a sudden!" chit-chatter number 1 whispers

"I guess... Some people can change during the break? Or maybe he's in love!" chit-chatter number 2 whispered back.

Laxus showed off an amazing dark aura while listening intently at the students buzz.

Well as long as they make sure not to call me a Ne-

"I've been thinking that ever since the blonde nerd came, every scary person we ever know changed! Who is she anyway?" Chit-chatter number 3 joins in.

I saw a nerve pop from his temple.

That definitely hits the spot.

They will now officially die.

"You three! RUN 50 LAPS! NOW!" Laxus roared at the three.

"H-Hai!" they all said in unison.

"Take it easy on them." I commented.

His angry face snap back at me and his face softens then he scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry you had to see that..." Laxus apologized.

I turned to see everyone froze on their spot, even Levy-chan and Erza-nee chan.

"H-He A-Apologized?" Someone gasped.

"Drop it people!" Laxus roared.

"Now, for the transfers. Introduce yourselves." He added strictly.

"My name is L-Levy M-McGarden, Sir." Levy-chan nervously says then bowed.

"My name is Lucy." I paused and looked at Laxus sternly.

"Lucy Vermilion." I finished and he gaped at me with his jaw literally dropped.

He gave me a what-the-hell face.

It's funny how the Vermilion would either make people gasp, jaw drop, or eyes widen.

After all, the Vermilion are the top 7 among the richest empire in Japan.

But then, again, I'm just a relative of the Vermilion.

I initially refused the idea of using my relatives' name, since I don't want to burden them, as much as possible.

My mom insisted on making me carry the name so that I wouldn't get bullied since I'm a nerd.

Mom and Aunt Mavis were persistent.

Until, I finally give up.

I've been carrying the name for almost 3 years now.

Laxus regained his composure and relaxed.

He came up to me then messed my hair.

"Just do whatever you want to do. Whatever it is I'll support you!" He grinned brightly.

"I know... Thank you... Laxus-nii san..." I say shyly.

"EH?" Everybody shouted, like they just got mindfucked all of a sudden.

"Let me clear this up. She's not a blood relative of mine, although, I kind of wished she was." he chuckled.

"She's a precious treasure of our family." He added seriously.

Every word I heard from Laxus-nii san simply moved my trying-to-mend-itself heart.