Eggs [15]

"What would you like to eat?" Esme called out walking to the front room where she knew her youngest son was. Silas' brothers and sisters were due home soon and Esme wanted the boy to at least eat something before he was whisked away into playing with them all. Silas not being too happy about that, him just wanting his siblings home now, to play with him.
They had gotten home from the hospital a few hours ago which seemed to calm Silas down from his morning mood.

"Eggs"Silas spoke simply. Silas was stood in the living room bent over looking at everything through his legs, making the room all look upside down. Silas trying to walk around like this. Esme had made Silas soft boiled eggs previously, and the boy couldn't get enough of them, he wanted them pretty much all day everyday. In Esmes eyes she was happy that he at least had picked a somewhat healthy snack to be his favourite.

"Silas sweetie you'll get yourself sick" Esme said watching over Silas' strange antics. Silas stepping around in a circle so he'd be able to see his mother upside down. Silas giggling at her now upside down face.
"Come on you little bugger" Esme said manoeuvring and lifting her little boy up, Silas giggling at his mother, with Esme giggling back at Silas' silliness, "You want eggs".

"Yes please" Silas politely asked, his eyes spinning in dizziness as he somewhat swayed around in his mother's arms.
"Aww my poor boy, you all dizzy?" Esme cooed out, in which Silas nodded in return.

"And thats why you need to keep your head upright" Esme lectured patting Silas on the head. Silas enjoying this pat.
"I'm sorry" he spoke shaking his head around to try and get rid of the dizziness.
"I'm only thinking of you"
"Okay mummy" Silas said as he was the placed on his raised chair. Esme then going over to start making Silas his eggs. Silas happily sat waiting for his snack.

"Silas are we going to do some jigsaw puzzles later?" Esme spoke aloud, knowing that Silas hadn't had the chance to start any yet. These jigsaws having been bought by Alice, the puzzles themselves being very easy in design so very able for the seen year old boy to complete. However Silas never liked playing with his toys just by himself this bored him, he always had to encorperating his family and be with them, he thought that they were all very cool and wanted to be cool just like them.

"Yeah, all together" Silas cutely spoke wanting to spend all night with them.

"All of us? We may have to wait a bit for daddy to get home" Esme informed Silas, her not wanting Silas to get too excited. Silas pausing for a few seconds before speaking "Mmmm, we play and then play with daddy", this being his way of a showing his understanding.
"That's a good idea Silas" Esme complimented, her happy that Silas was able to figure out a compromise in his little brain.

"Thank you mama" Silas thanked politely, learning manners from Alice. Him playing with his plastic knife and fork that had already been laid out for him.

"That's my precious boy" Esme kissed Silas' head before quickly going back to cooking Silas' almost done eggs. Silas patiently waiting. Only seconds later Esme had slid three fried eggs onto a round plastic plate in front of Silas.

"Eat up, your siblings will be back very soon" just as Esme had said that, the front door could be head opening with voices. Silas perking up entirely at these voices, him wanting to jump up and run over to say hello. however Esme somewhat anticipating this lightly tapped Ont the table in front of Silas before speaking, "eat your food first".
The excitement practically breaking in his eyes as he then returned his gaze down to his food, a tiny frown pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Hey little bunny buddy" Emmet spoke walking into the kitchen knowing that Silas was in there.
"Hi" Silas spoke quietly turning to quickly glance at Emmet then turn back to his eggs. He then started to eat the first one.

"No hug?" Emmet asked confused, usually he would have been the first to have Silas launch himself at him demanding a hug, Silas being a very cuddly person.
"I cant leave until i've eaten" Silas explained, knowing that his mama would be sad if he did. He couldn't give his brother a hug until he had finished his food.

"Alright then, I'll sit with you whilst you eat" Emmet offered wanting to bring Silas' usual smile appear. Silas' face lightening up at this exchange as he then dived into eating his nicely seasoned eggs on his plate. Most of his siblings also joining him sat at the table. Silas becoming happy with the extra company.

"Have you had a good day?" Alice asked, her making sure to give Silas a quick kiss on his head as she passed to sit on one of the chairs around him. Silas nodded at her question happily halfway into his seccond egg.
"That's good, we've had a good day too" she responded wanting Silas to have something to listen to whilst eating.
Silas looking up at this intrigued.

"Yeah we had a good day today, but we missed you a lot" Alice cooed out finding Silas' expressions the most adorable thing ever.
"You had fun, did you play games" he asked after swallowing down his mouth full, he didn't fully understand what happened at school, all his mother told him was they they went to learn, but that couldn't take all day 'right?'.
"Of course" Alice lied, her liking Silas' wondrous gaze, "now come up, we've got playing to do"

18th march 2024