The rest of them [7]

"They are home soon?" Silas asked. He and Esme were stood by the front door hand in hand. Esme having to bend down slightly to be able to hold onto Silas' hand, due to his very short height.
"Yes they will be"Esme responded to the boy finding his persistent actions cute. She had thoroughly enjoyed her day with Silas. It had been so longe since she had the ability to play and spend time with a child on her own, she had been know to volunteer at local nursery's but with them she knew that the children have to go home to their family's at the end of the day and that she would have to go without that joy that they brought to her. Carlisle had tried to bring her that joy with the accumulation of 'teens' that they have adopted in, but they never really filled the gap of what was missing in Esmes heart like Silas was.

"Can we wait here for them?" The small boy asked looking up to his new friend, Bernie dangling from his other hand. After many matches of snakes and ladders ,that Silas had managed to win most of, the small boy wanted to yet again know where the others were. This time it was much closer to the time they the would usually return which lead to Silas demanding to wait for them for when they got home. Leading to the pair of them standing in front of the door, Esme having to tell Silas to stand further back with her as she didn't want him knocked over when the door opened.

"Of course we can, they should be home in a few minutes" Esme reminded him, her saying this several times since they've been stood here.
"Will they remember me?"Silas asked hesitantly, him wanting them all to become his friends so them remembering him was a must.
"Of course they would, why would you think that they wouldnt?"

"I didn't remember them" Silas admitted, only slightly remembering Rosalie. He felt slightly upset from this, if he wanted to be their friends then he needed to at least know their names. He felt like a bad friend.

"Believe me, they remember you" Esme said using her other arm to pet his ears as reassurance. Just as she had finished saying this the door started to open.
Silas' eyes widened and his ears stood up to a halt.
As soon as the first body walked through the door Silas made a run for it, straight into the first persons legs tightly wrapping his arms around them.

"Hi little man" Emmet said as Silas cuddled his legs with his ears flopping back and forth thumping against Emmets legs each time. Silas very happy to be meeting one of his next best friends.
"Hello Emmet" Silas giggled out, Esme quickly reminding him of their names before they walked through the door.
"We've got some stuff for you" Emmet said lifting the boy into his arms. Silas seeming alright with being handled by the overly large male.
"For me?" Silas said both very excited and slightly confused, him having quite a tight hold on Emmet with Bernie pressed between the two of them. Silas giving off his seemingly signature smile.
"Yep" Emmet said walking further into the home allowing his sibling to enter, bouncing Silas on the way to allow the boy to be comfortable.

"Yeah we got clothes and toys just for you" Alice said with a few bags in her arms walking over to the small boy. The others following behind with more bags.
"For me?" Silas asked again, this time to Alice who seemed to be gushing over how cute Silas was.
"All for you" she cooed back to him as he widened his eyes.
"And Bernie?" Silas asked wanting to include his little bear buddy.
"Bernie?" Alice questioned smiling awkwardly at Silas, not knowing what he was talking about.

"His teddy bear" Esme whispered quietly, too quietly for Silas to hear. Alice looked down to the small dirty bear that was tucked into Silas' hold.
"Oh yes of course, we've even got a little friend for you and Bernie" Alice said before pulling out a rabbit plushie. Silas' eyes widening at the sight, 'another new friend!!!' He thought excitedly.
Pushing his arms out Alice placed the rabbit plush in his arms,
"So what are you going to name it?" She further asked,

"Robert" Silas said after a few moments of thinking to himself. He liked the name and it fit the bunny toy very much. 'My new friend' he thought snuggling into the rabbit plush slightly.
"That's his name?" Esme asked smiling at the little boy in Emmets arms.

"Yes" Silas said smiling at his new friend before bringing him into another hug this time with Bernie.
"You're so cute" Alice almost squealed out, her finding Silas the cutest thing on earth.
"Thank you" Silas said quietly showing his face into Robert and Bernie to his now reddening cheeks. Only for Alice to start giggling at this, causing Silas' cheeks to redden to tomato level.

"You're going to kill the poor boy" Rosalie said walking over to Silas and Emmet, reaching out to pet Silas' now clean ears and clean hair.
"Hi Rosie" Silas said not being able to pronounce her full name. He liked how she pet his ears.
"Hello Silas, hows your day been?" Rosalie asked the small boy wanting to know what he had been up to.

"Really good, me and Esme played all day" Silas explained happily remembering all the fun they have had, his cheeks cooling down from their previous heat.
"You did?"rosalie spoke softly to Silas for once showing her caring nature. Silas responding well to this,
"Yeah, we played snakes and ladders all day long" he said very smiley, it's the most fun he's had in ages.
"That sounds fun"

"Yeah it was, and now we can all play" Silas said leaning out of Emmets arms towards Rosalie reaching his armed out towards her wanting a hug.

"Is that what you want" Rosalie said happy that Silas wanted to spend time with her, allowing Silas to wrap his arms around her neck giving her a greetings hug.
"Yes please" he spoke before pulling away from her and clutching onto Emmets shirt to pull himself back upright.

"Ok then we can all play later" Alice said happy that the child wanted to spend time with them.
"Later?" Silas asked slightly disheartened, he didn't want to play later he wanted to play now.
"You'll have to eat first" Esme said, knowing that Silas would be starting to get hungry soon since it had been a whilst since he last ate.

"Really?" Silas almost whined out just wanting to play again. He wasn't even that hungry.
"Don't want you to be hungry little guy" Emmet tried to reason with the child in his arms.

"I promise I wont" he tried to argue, looking to each person wanting them to believe him. But by the looks he was getting back he knew non of them were going to take his side, causing his pout to deepen.

"Food first" Rosalie said firmly to Silas. Silas just really wanted to play snakes and ladders again now with more people that could hopefully become his friends oh and not to forget Robert and Bernie.
"Okay" Silas said moodily slightly upset he wouldn't get to play straight away.

"I promise we will all play straight after" Emmet said walking with Silas towards the kitchen.
"Okay"

16th November 2023
1282 words

Please comment and vote and I hope you have enjoyed x