Lost [1]

In the deep, dark woodland, a young boy stumbled, his hands and knees caked in mud. Despite appearing no older than 7, the child displayed a clear sense of awareness in his movements. However, it was clear that he had been lost for quite some time. His clothes bore stains of mud and grass, begging for a thorough wash. Interestingly, his attire seemed outdated and well-crafted, making him stand out among the ordinary folk. Unfortunately, being in an unfamiliar forest where nobody ventured, the boy went unnoticed. His movements were slow and uncertain, evidence of his unfamiliarity with this unknown territory.

After discovering a small backpack with carrots and a bottle, a young boy wakes up in a cave in the woods with no recollection of how he got there. After realising that he will need more supplies, particularly water, the boy searches for water sources. Fortunately, he found a small pond near the cave he woke up in, which helped him survive for a while. As the days pass, the boy runs out of food and is forced to go outside to find more. However, while exploring too far from his cave, the boy finds himself lost and unable to find his way back.

As the daylight starts to fade away and dusk approaches, the young boy feels a sense of urgency and fear, realising that he needs to find a way out. His breathing becomes more rapid and shallow as panic sets in. Although he felt secure sleeping in the small cave the previous nights, he made sure to rest during the daytime when it was still light outside. However, as the darkness takes over, the boy loses his bearings and is unable to locate the cave or any light source. The absence of any familiar surroundings makes him feel lost and disoriented in the growing darkness.

As his fear fully consumed him, he had nowhere to turn and was completely vulnerable to the forest's feasting predators. There was an increase in the boy's hearing as his sight became increasingly limited, and as a result, he began to flinch at every movement that he could hear, so that he was becoming more and more anxious. However, the increased amount of movement from the bush to the side of the little boy triggered his fear. In no time at all, sniffles could be heard coming from the boy as he shook in fear and cold as his body shook.

This ruffling of the movement was getting louder and louder as time went on, which subsequently increased the shaking of the boys. This held true until the creature decided to reveal itself to the small boy, causing him to let out a small screech as a result.

A small brown rabbit's head popped out of the leaves.

"Hello," the small boy whispered out, "Are you alone too?" He continued to ask. The boy was happy that he wasn't alone anymore. He took a few steps towards the rabbit, which it would seem the rabbit was fine with, then started to pet the small animal's head.

"You're very fluffy," the boy said again to the little rabbit. The boy did attempt to pick up the small fluffy creature, but as soon as he reached out, the creature moved.

"Huh?" The boy questioned out as the rabbit started hopping away. The boy, not wanting to be alone, quickly started to follow the creature. On occasion, the rabbit did look back to assure the boy that he was following it, giving the boy the confidence to continue to follow the creature.

After around 10 minutes of following the rabbit, the boy somehow managed to vaguely see light. By now the sun had completely disappeared, and the boy had to be very close to the rabbit to see where it was taking him, and it would seem that the rabbit was taking the boy to civilization.

As soon as the boy said the light hope began to form in his body and a smile was starting to come on his face, he'd found help.

Eventually the boy had made it to the edge of the woods and found himself on a stoney-looking path leading to a lit-up house.

In awe of the building, the boy just stood. Due to the light, he began to feel much safer than he did in the woods. The rabbit had stopped directly next to the boy before looking up and looking at the boy before running off back into the woodland, back to its home.

"Wait, the boy called out, seeing the rabbit leave; however, his legs didn't let him follow the small animal. After realising that the small animal was far too gone to catch up with him, the boy turned back towards the house.

Taking a few steps forward, the boy allowed himself to be revealed from the woodland. He wasn't exactly sure what to do; all he knew was that he needed food and a drink.

Looking back at the house, the small boy did take notice of a door that was left open.

As his little mind was contemplating whether to go in or not, a large owl decided to sneak up on the child, hooting very loudly and absolutely terrifying the boy. This caused the small boy to start running, directly heading towards the open door.

Out of breath, the small boy had run straight through the open door, although he did continue to run until he found his way to hide behind a wall, in fear that the owl would find him and attack.

He remained there for several minutes in silence, not trusting that the owl wasn't waiting for him. Once he felt safe enough that there was no movement or possible owl, the small boy decided to be brave enough to peek past the wall and make sure.

Looking past the wall, the young boy could confirm that there wasn't a huge bird trying to eat him.

With this reassurance, the young boy was able to look around the lit-up home. To the boy, it looked strange; everything looked empty and shiny. Walking around slightly, the boy ended up finding some stairs that he decided to climb up, seeing as he couldn't see much where he was standing. After making it up the large stairs, the boy spotted the kitchen, the place he was most in need of.

He did seem to be rather confused at the sight of the kitchen. He knew what a kitchen was, yet looking at this kitchen, it looked very strange to him, and he couldn't put his finger on why.

The one thing he did take note of was the giant silver box; he had the understanding that this was a refrigerator, and refrigerators tended to have food in them.

Taking off his muddy backpack with his final carrot inside, he attempted to open the silver fridge, but this was not as easy as he thought, sadly. After a few more attempts and putting more and more of his minimal strength into it, he was finally able to open the fridge.

However, sadly for the boy, it was empty—well, all except some bottles filled with a red substance. Seeing the red bottles, the child was disappointed, but he was somewhat satisfied that there was at least some 'juice' that he could drink.

Reaching up on his tiptoes, the child managed to grab his small hands on one of the bottles.

Twisting the bottle open, the boy sniffed it.

Ewww," he vocalised out at the smell; however, this didn't stop him from poking his tongue in to try and taste it.

Reacting to the vial's taste, the small boy jerked back, dripping the bottle on the floor and spilling its contents, some of which were placed up to hit him.

Small whimpers came from the boy as he looked over the mess from the yucky juice, not realising the other presences in the room.

"Hello?" A woman's voice called out, causing the small boy to instantly look up, bringing his fists into his chest in fear.

1358 words
26th October 2023

Start of something new since ive finished my other fanfic.
I try to upload once a week but sometimes it can be up to a month with writers block ect or general ally being unmotivated, which is seen as most chapter take around 5/6 hours to write and finish. That for an around 1000 word chapter.
Also the fact I have just started university a month ago may make things slightly inconsistent.