Sleep [9]

Carefully Carlisle laid Silas down on his and Esmes bed trying not to wake him up. He knew they he'd have to wake the small boy up to get him changed yet he'd allow him to have a few moments more whilst he went to retire a shirt for him to sleep in.
The shirt being one of Alice's that she never wore, her being the smallest so most ideal, however it did still drown the boys form.
When he reentered his room he caught the sight of Silas rubbing one of his eyes lightly with his fist.

"Hello Silas"

"Hello" the small boy mumbled out, him obviously being very tired, Carlisle seeing this walked over to the boy and pulled his fist away from his eye.
"It's not good to rub your eyes" he spoke having Silas' small fist in his hand.

"I'm tired" Silas whined out scrunching his face up slightly. His arms tightly wrapped around Robert, with his face slightly shoved into Robert's.

"I know darling, thats why we're going to get you ready for bed" Carlisle said walking over and starting to help undress the boy.

"Ok" Silas said undoing some of his shirt clasps, his small hands having slight difficulty with this. Carlisle being quick to help him in his struggle.
"And brush your teeth" he knew that they had bought him a small child's toothbrush

"Do I have too?" Silas whined out not wanting to, by now he just wanted to cuddle with Robert and fall asleep.

"Yes you do" Carlisle stated.
"Awwww" Silas whined out pouting, sniffling slightly.

"Come on the faster we do this, the quicker we can get you in bed" Carlisle spoke pulling Silas' shirt off and putting Alice's on.

.
.
.

Silas was cuddled into bed, Robert in his arms as Carlisle was reading a bedtime story. Silas seemed to be enjoying it as his eyes were drooping hovers few seconds.
The curtains had been drawn and a small lamp was turned on.
As the book was coming to the end Silas' body was starting to give out to sleep. The room had been made sure to be warmed up

"Can you stay?" Silas whispered out, that being the loudest he could go just after the book had ended.
"Till you fall asleep?" Carlisle asked, unsure of what Silas was wanting. Him having a smile on his face and one had going through silas' hair.

"Forever" Silas whispered back his eye lids getting lower and lower. Carlisles eyes widening at the young boys question.

"I'll stay with you forever" Carlisle said after a few minutes of silence just looking back at the boy. Silas allowing himself to fully accept that he was going to sleep and finally drifted.

.
.

"He's really cute isn't he" esme said coming up into their room, a freshly clean and dried Bernie in her arms.
"Sleep tight darling" Esme followed kissing Silas' head whilst sliding Bernie into his arms, Silas subconsciously cuddling into the bear and smiling with the kiss.

"He seems quite attached to you" Carlisle pointed out, since he had been home he was able to observe that Silas seemed much more self conscious when playing snakes and ladders when he wasn't sat next to Esme. Carlisle could see Emmet and Alice trying to individually sway the child's attention, however they didn't get close to the impact Esme seemed to have on him.

"I have spent all day with him" Esme tried to reason, she knew that the main reason that Silas was so attached to her was that she had spent the most time with him. She had hoped that he would also get close with the rest of them, however she was happy that she was able to have her own special time with the boy.

"How was it?" Carlisle asked genuinely. He knew that it must have gone well, he would have noticed if it didn't.
"Wonderful. He's easily excitable, polite and very persistent" Esme spoke smiling at all the fun she'd had with Silas throughout the day. It had been one of the most fun days she's had.

"That's good"

"What's troubling you?" Esme asked after a few moments of silence, she knew something was wrong.
"What is going to happen, with Silas that is" Carlisle asked, him talking too quietly for any human to hear.
"Alice told us that she sees him staying" Esme recalled, she wanted him to stay more than anything in the world, however she knew that her husband had doubts.

"He already seems attached" he continued. He had seen how attached Silas seemed towards his wife. He did like this, he was happy that his wife had the opportunity to interact with him he saw how happy she was.

"You were most likely the only contact he would have had since waking up in the cave, so it makes sense that he would grow attached"

"Yes, and it would be far more damaging for him to then be given away than stay with us" esme said not wanting Silas to leave in any circumstance.

"You are a good convincer" Carlisle spoke smiling at his wife, yet it want a battle he was fighting against. He did want Silas to stay, but as the leader he had to think the most sensibly and logically about how this would affect them as a whole.

"I am, and it isn't just me he seems attached too" Esme reasoned pointing one of her eyebrows slightly. She was the one with Silas when he couldn't wait for the others to arrive home. She saw Silas patiently wait for her husband to arrive home so he could also play with them, her also seeing how Silas reacted when he noticed Carlisle was gone. She knew that Silas was attached to both of them, it was just her husband wasn't seeing it.

"Mmmmm", a small groan interrupted. Both vampires eyes widening, Esme quickly going to try and calm his back to sleep.
"Oh shhhhh, shhhhhh." She whispered out stroking his hair.

"Esme?" Silas whispered out, his eyes barely being open. The boy recognising her voice quickly but his body not being able to respond.
"Go back to sleep darling" esme spoke in the softest tone possible.
"We play tomorow?" He quietly asked wanting to spend all of his day with Esme. He had such a fun day and he wanted to do it all again tomorrow, and the day after than and the day then after that. All bringing a small smile on his face.

"Of course we can, now back to sleep" she whispered out to him tucking the covers around his neck tucking him in.

"Okay, I love you" Silas yawned out falling back into his slumber, him not putting in much of a fight.
"Love you too" she responded kissing his head.

"He stays"Carlisle spoke quietly minutes after he fell back asleep.
Esmes smile brightening at the comment, now having another new family member.

2nd December 2023
1180 words
Please vote and I hope you have enjoyed x