Those people moved between buildings, jumping from one rooftop to another. After landing, they rolled smoothly and swiftly got up.

Without exception, they all wore masks, somewhat similar to the ones seen in the car this afternoon.

Bai Yu watched them go. Soon after, several students wearing armbands passed by him.

The students were armed, attempting to launch remote attacks on the masked group, but failed repeatedly.

As if taunting them, one of the masked individuals even deliberately stopped, opened their arms towards the pursuers, then turned their back to the sky and fell backward.

—Their figure disappeared into the darkness.

"Damn it!" The students put away their weapons, speeding up.

These people came and went like the wind, catching everyone off guard.

Perhaps after a long silence, a question came from the phone: "Bro?"

Bai Yu snapped back to reality, facing the screen. "Nothing. Just... 'cops chasing thieves'?" From the attitude of the team leader this afternoon, it seemed she really disliked those masked folks. But since the pursuers weren't the police, it was probably just an internal conflict among the students.

He hung up the phone.

"Click."

Suddenly, a faint sound came from behind.

Bai Yu turned around but didn't see anyone. Instead, a mask lay in the grass, apparently dropped by someone just now.

He walked over and picked up the mask.

The material of the mask was indiscernible. On its surface was a simple sketch of a facial expression, resembling a smile.

Just as he was about to flip it over to examine it, his shoulder was lightly tapped.

Bai Yu looked back—no one behind him. The next moment, the mask in his hand was snatched away.

Feeling the emptiness in his palm, he turned his head again.

This time, he finally saw the person's true face.

Wearing a hood, tall in stature, like an alpha. But dressed in casual clothes, it was unclear which school they belonged to.

Bai Yu remained silent, just staring quietly at the person.

The youth put on the mask with his back facing Bai Yu, then turned around and bowed lightly to him.

Seemingly thanking him for picking up the mask.

Then he backed away, flipped over the fence. Agile, he quickly disappeared from sight.

Shortly after, several students wearing armbands returned. Seeing Bai Yu standing there, they frowned. "Are you this year's examinee?"

Bai Yu: "Yes."

"Did someone wearing a mask come by just now?"

Bai Yu pointed in the direction the person had left.

"Thank you." The students were about to leave. Pausing for a moment, one of them added, "If anyone wearing a mask talks to you, don't engage with them, understand?"

Leaving these words behind, the students headed in the direction where the masked man had disappeared.

Bai Yu stood in place, embracing himself: It seems that the internal organizational conflicts in the military academy are even more complicated than he thought.