M1, Chapter 3

Berk - Woods

(Hicca, battered after another disastrous day in the ring. She and Y/n study the remnants of the discarded bola... revealing that they're both back at the scene of the crime)

Hicca: So... why didn't you?

Y/n: You did free him.

Hicca: But I did shoot it down.

Y/n: True...

(Hicca drops the bola, she and Y/n press on in the direction it flew off. They drop into a rocky crevice and follow it to an... isolated cove complete with a pristine spring pool. Y/n scans the high stone walls... then notices a single black scale on the ground. He crouches and picks it up, studying it)

Y/n: Look at this Hicca.

(Hicca looks at the scale)

Hicca: A scale?

(Suddenly, the Night Fury blasts past them. Hicca recoils, watching the massive beast struggle to climb the walls. It flaps violently, then peels away to a rough landing. The dragon is trapped. Y/n and Hicca grin, excited to see it again, and slip closer.

They watch as the dragon, exhausted and frustrated, leaps into the air, beating its wings furiously. Again and again, it rolls uncontrolled and crashes heavily. As if remembering to snap a photo, Hicca pulls a leather bound book and flips past drawings of weapons to a blank page. She sketches the dragon quickly, desperate to record the image.

The Fury claws at the steep rock walls, trying climb out of the cove. It slips and falls hard, crushing several saplings. The Fury rolls back to his feet and slowly crawls to the water's edge. He spots fish in the shallow water and snaps at them... but comes up empty. He lowers his head, looking weakened)

Hicca: Why don't you just... fly away?

(Y/n spots the problem)

Y/n: That's why. Look at its tail.

(Hicca looks at the Night Fury and adjusts her drawing, carefully erasing one half of the dragon's tail. She accidentally drops the charcoal stick, Y/n tries to catch it but is too late. It rolls off of the rock out cropping that hides her from view and bounces into the cove. TINK. TINK. TINK. The Night Fury raises his head, spotting Y/n and Hicca. They exchange a profound, unflinching stare)

-----Time Skip-----

(Y/n and Hicca are walking away from the cove when Hicca stops him)

Hicca: So. Are you gonna explain your dragon "friend" to me?

Y/n: Right. Follow me.

(They start to walk deeper into the woods and arrive at another smaller cove. They climb down into it and Hicca sees a saddles on the ground with baskets all around, a table in the middle of everything and she sees a small cave at the wall of the cove)

Hicca: So... where's-

Y/n: Fafnir!

(They hear a roar coming from the cave followed by Fafnir running out from the darkness and towards Y/n and Hicca)

Hicca: Ah!

(Hicca falls to the ground and starts to crawl back but stops and stares with wide eyes as Y/n hugs and starts to pet the dragon)

Y/n: It's okay, Hicca. Fafnir won't do anything to you.

(He laughs as Raiden starts to give him some zappy licks, while that is happening Hicca looks at Y/n in awe)