Gobber: You got a headache.

Stoick: That rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Gobber. They could crush mountains, level forests, tame seas! Even as a boy, I knew what I was, what I had to become. Hicca is not that child.

Gobber: You can't stop her, Stoick. You can only prepare her. Look, I know it seems hopeless. But the truth is neither you or Y/n won't always be around to protect her. She's going to get out there again. She's probably out there now and Y/n has most likely gone looking for her.

(Stoick's eyes narrow as Gobber's words hit their mark)

Woods

(On an open notebook is a drawn map of the island, covered in X's. Hicca looks up from it and peeks over a gorge, expectantly. Sees nothing. She adds another 'X' to the page, then scratches her pencil over the whole map in frustration. She snaps the book closed and pockets it)

Hicca: Uggh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. No, not me. I manage to lose an entire dragon.

(Hicca whacks a low-hanging branch. It snaps back at her, hitting her in the face. She looks up to see a snapped tree trunk. Her eyes follow it to a long trench of up-turned earth. She follows it to a downed, black dragon, its body and tail tangled in a bola. It appears dead. Hicca approaches, beaming)

Hicca: Oh wow. I did it. I did it. This fixes everything. Yes!

(She strikes a victory pose, planting her foot on the fallen Night Fury)

Hicca: I have brought down this mighty beast!

(It suddenly shifts)

Hicca: Whoa!

(Hicca springs back, terrified. She turns her blade on it. Rattled, Hicca creeps along the length of the weak, wounded dragon, dagger poised to strike. As she reaches the head, Hicca finds the Night Fury staring coldly at her. Hicca tries to look away, but she's drawn back to its unnerving, unflinching stare. With the dragon safety tangled in the ropes, Hicca jabs with her dagger, puffing herself up with false bravado)

Hicca: I'm going to kill you, Dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father. I'm a Viking. I am a VIKING!

(Hicca raises the dagger, determined to prove her Vikingness. The dragon's labored breathing breaks Hicca's clenched concentration. She opens an eye, uncertainty leaking through. The dragon holds the stare. Something profound is exchanged.

Finally, the Night Fury closes its eye and lowers its head, resigned to its fate. Hicca tries to go through with it, holding the dagger aloft... fighting herself... until finally lowering it with a frustrated sigh. She looks over the dragon's chaffed rope wounds)

Hicca: I did this.

(She turns to leave. Pauses. And glances back at the dragon, chest heaving. Hicca grumbles. She checks over her shoulder to ensure that no one is watching... then hurries back to cut the ropes. The Night Fury's eye shoots open. With the dragon watching her every move, Hicca hurriedly saws through the bola ropes.

As the last rope falls free, the Night Fury suddenly pounces. In a blur, the dragon is upon her, pinning Hicca down, grazing her neck. Looking like it's about to kill her. Hicca is paralyzed. The dragon's breath ruffles her hair. Hicca opens her eyes to find the Night Fury's wolf-like stare boring into her.

The exchange is intense, profound. The dragon draws a deep breath, as though it's about to torch her, then lets out an ear-piercing scream instead. It turns and takes flight, flapping violently through the canopy of trees. It bashes against a nearby mountain side, recovers, and drops out of view some distance away.