Paladin's Training

It was difficult for you to say the least, entering the home of your birth and having to clean and repair the damages from the attack 13 years ago. There was one room you avoided, that being the room where your parents died, no one knows it, but their bodies are still in there, according to the report from police, the bodies were never found, but you knew better, their bodies wouldn't disappear, and those who attacked had no use for them.

You sat on the busted up sofa of your old living room, your eyes aimlessly wandered the old home, remembering the days when your parents were alive.

You had managed to clean up a portion of the house, albeit it took a while since you had put yourself through a bit of hellish training, so time between both was scarce, you didn't sleep at all either.

You groan in hatred of your own depressive self-loathing, combined with the fact of your poor record of saying you'll do something only for it to go down the drain, sitting up, you use Divine Sense to lock on to Issei's magic, you spent most of the early dawn making your way to the training home the ORC were at.

Closing in on the area, you see the outlines of the ORC and Ahri. Stopping and taking a few breaths, you take a sprinter's stance. The ground, crushed, under your foot while dashing. Meanwhile, Issei was in a sword match with Kiba, each wielding a wooden sword, Issei perks up, feeling something wrong.

Issei: Does anyone else feel that?

Kiba: Feel wh—

Kiba feels it soon after, his devil instincts telling him a holy magic wielder approaching. From the tree-line you charge out, going directly for Issei.

Issei: 'He's going to hit me for real?!'

You attack Issei with a jumping kick, but you twist your body mid-air to strike him in the side, sending him into a tree.

Asia: Issei!

Some smoke clears revealing Issei having gone through a tree. Ahri walks up to you, and she could feel you were frustrated.

Ahri: Nice of you to finally arrive.

Turning to Ahri, you gave her one look of hostility. Ahri's smile feigned a bit.

(Y/N): Rias.

Rias: Yes?

(Y/N): I will take control of Issei and Koneko's training.

Rias: (Y/N), I'm sorry... But, your track record as of late hasn't been stellar. You say these things, but you end up getting beaten or proven wrong shortly after.

Issei: P-President...

He gets back up, moving his arm to make sure it isn't broken.

Issei: What you said is one hundred percent true... Bro's always had a tendency to talk and for stuff to go off the rails. But, so do I, that doesn't mean we don't try, we keep pushing even with no clear end in sight.

Walking up to you, Issei sees this harsh look in your eyes, no longer seeming to hold any remorse anymore.

Issei: Bro, let me finish up my training with Kiba and Akeno, then from there you can train me and Koneko.

(Y/N): No.

Issei: Hah!?

You hold your hammer to Issei's neck.

(Y/N): Every mistake you make while training, I will hit you with a divine smite.

Summoning your armor, you walk to the sideline to oversee Issei's training. Going inside shortly after Issei's loss from sparring with Kiba, Akeno takes over for Asia and Issei's magic training.