Even though I didn't do well in Ravenna's monitoring department I'm still pretty dang good at manipulating electronics. Leaning back into my chair, my mind fills with images of what I left behind and my chest grows tight. Tonight, I'll let myself feel terrible. Tonight, I'll question whether any of this is worth it. Tonight, I'll give myself a human moment to cry. But tomorrow, I'll tuck all of that away and continue with my mission. Tomorrow, I will go back to who I was. Tomorrow, I will travel to find a way to destroy Ravenna.

The next morning my eyes are swollen and red with deep purple bags under them when I look in the mirror. Groaning at my face, how did actors in the old movies look flawless after an emotion swallowing cry? Rolling my eyes, right. It was all fake. Just like my time with Matt, but this, staring at my tear-streaked appearance. Is reality. Moving at snail speed I slowly begin packing another bag.

Looking at my array of weapons on the back wall I sigh and walk over to the bed and lay back down. None of those bows could ever compare with my hand carved one. Besides, I know it'll be safer to travel at night. I'll be harder to spot, and I'll be able to run faster because the temperature won't be a million degrees. So, I don't need to decide now. Hopefully the ghosted won't get close enough to track the crystal. If that happens, I'll be in trouble, but until something happens, I should be fine.

I try to fill my day with various little activities; assembling arrows, checking the backed-up security footage, and going over my strategy for San Jose. Everything I did took twice as long as it should have. Every time I'd be in the middle of something I'd find my mind wandering back to Matt. Once I started thinking about him, whatever I was doing would get completely derailed and I'd have to start over. Creating mind numbing hours of frustration mixed with painstakingly slow movements.

By the time the sun finally sets I'm going stir crazy, wondering why I can't remove Matt from my thoughts. I try to distract myself by choosing my weapons. Feeling disappointed with my bow choices I stand there trying to figure out which carbon fiber bow I want to take. Personally, I prefer a wooden bow, I like the way it feels in my hand. In turn giving me an easier shot, but carbon fiber isn't a bad choice.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My proximity sensor screams through the speakers. Running to the wall I quickly shut down the alarm and slid over to my computer. With a few keystrokes I have my cameras pulled up to show me their feeds. Gasping when I see the face that's been haunting me all day I freeze and rub my eyes. It.... Can't be? Can it?

Perhaps he's a figment of my imagination. Or Ravenna found someone who looked a lot like him. Realizing those are both highly improbable situations. The only option left is that it really is Matt. He's outside my bunker. Rushing to the door without a second thought, I quickly scan my thumb and pray for the door to open faster. Matt's body hits the ground with a hollow thunk just as I emerge. My chest tightens... he must be hurt. I skin my knee on the rough terrain but I ignore the stinging pain and slowly laid him flat so I examined him.

"Matt?" I implored before he closed his eyes. My voice dripping with worry between each word, "What are you doing here?" I muttered more to myself that him. Fear rises from deep in my belly, I pray he didn't get into what I think he did. Scanning his body, I gulp as I notice the blood trailing down his left arm.

Slowly peeling his shirt sleeve up a two-inch slice spreads across his deltoid. Gently touching the wound, I rub his blood between my fingers and smell it. My eyes grow wide when the bitter after note of poison stings my nose. He must have been nicked by one of my poisoned arrows. Wrapping my arms under Matt's armpits I groan as I drag him inside the bunker. Come on Alex. He's not that heavy. Nearly dropping his upper body, oh yes, he is. Lift with your legs!

Dragging him far enough inside the bunker that I could close the door without squishing him. I gently set his upper body down and ran into the bathroom. Not even caring that the bunker door is still wide open. Rummaging through my medical supplies I become agitated when I can't find the correct vials. Closing my eyes and focusing: 'relax' I tell myself. I take a second to center myself before I open my eyes. I'm no good to Matt if I'm a frantic fool. My heart beat slowly steadied and my thoughts become clearer. Opening my eyes, I continued to search for the antidote.