Chapter 27: The Dark Spirit, Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Bakura 4000LP/Yugi 4000LP

'Bakura' took the first move. "Now, let's begin with this, The Portrait's Secret in attack mode!"
A framed painting of a man drifted onto the field before a green skinned ghoul popped its head and claw like fingers out.

The Portrait's Secret
1200 ATK/1500 DEF

"Odd choice." (Y/N) mumbled, noting this monster was far more capable as a defense than an attacker, as their enemy ended his turn.

Bakura 4000LP/Yugi 4000LP

Yami and Yugi seemed equally as perplexed by the play. Joey, on the other hand, was more than for charging forward.
"Dismantle that possessed picture frame!"
Yami gave his opponent a skeptical look. "Is that really all you've got? Very well, then I'll summon Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts!"
The vicious beast type roared onto the field, its yellow gaze fixated on the portrait.

Gazelle the King Mythical Beasts
1500 ATK/1200 DEF

"Now, attack his monster!" Yami ordered as Gazelle easily cleaved through the Portrait's Secret, dropping 'Bakura's' lifepoints by 300 as Yami finished his turn with a facedown and a jab. "Why don't you try again?"

Bakura 3700LP/Yugi 4000LP

The dark spirit huffed. "Fine. Now I shall play the Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams in attack mode."
This time, a child in a bed appeared on the field before another ghoul with pinkish white hair and skeletal-like frame emerged from its forehead with a moan.

The Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams
1300 ATK/1800 DEF

"Again?" (Y/N) thought as Rain appeared beside her.
"That thing can't even get over Gazelle, why play it in attack mode?"
Joey just yelped and stepped in front of Serenity, a bit startled by the creature's appearance. "That's foul!"
"Attack my monster, if you dare." The dark spirit goaded, not even bothering to place any facedowns yet again.

Bakura 3700LP/Yugi 4000LP

"Your ghost is no match for my Gazelle." Yami said, pointing out the obvious as he drew. "It's time to extinguish your ghost, and I'll do it with this!"
"Then what are you waiting for?" The Ring Spirit shouted.
"Nothing. I summon Gamma the Magnet Warrior!"
The little red winged robotic warrior appeared on the field.

Gamma the Magnet Warrior
1500 ATK/1800 DEF

"Attack his ghost now!"
Gamma's punch easily mopped the floor with the ghost, dropping 'Bakura's' lifepoints once again, and more importantly, leaving him wide open for a direct attack from Gazelle, which Yami immediately followed up into, leaving his opponent with half his lifepoints remaining.
"Come on!" Duke yelled. "Crush this guy, Yugi!"
"He's not even fighting back!" Tristan added.
"Something's not right." (Y/N) said, crossing her arms. "There's playing sloppily and then there's playing deliberately to lose."
Rain shrugged. "Maybe he just keeps drawing bricks? Even if it's part of a bigger strategy, it can't be very effective if the boys just wipe out his lifepoints before he can counterattack."
"I don't know. Everything we've learned about this spirit points to him being more calculating than that. And..."
(Y/N)'s words died as she randomly thought back to the memory she had seen right before the finals. Something wasn't right about any of this.

Bakura 2000LP/Yugi 4000LP

"Perhaps I've made things too easy for you." The Ring Spirit declared as he drew. "Not anymore!"
"Let's see what you've got." Yami challenged.
"As you wish. I summon the Headless Knight in attack mode!"
A dark haze settled over the field as the monster, despite being summoned, did not appear, something Yami quickly pointed out. Ever so slowly, the monster revealed itself to be an armored, headless warrior, again, notably weaker than Gazelle and Gamma