CHAPTER 9 - Mentally ill

Keith returned to the common room with the file Anil gave him and sat at the table for a while and thought.

First duty with Alex..
How will he react…

Keith hesitated.

Without thinking further, Keith went to Alex's room with the file. As he went to the door and knocked and there was no response. Keith opened the door using his unit ID and entered.

Alex's room was similar to his own. On the wall which was opposite the door, there was a window, and in front of it was a table and a comfortable chair. A modern computer was on the table. There was a cabinet, and the files were in order. What was different were the pieces of paper attached to the walls throughout the room and various things written on the walls. Seeing what was on the walls of Alex's room, Keith almost forgot what he had come for. There were articles of various crimes cut from newspapers and photographs of various criminals issued by the FBI attached to the wall. Also on the wall was a full map of the United States of America and the Washington DC. Various things were written in red, blue and black pens all over the wall. Some criminals had their faces cut with scissors, written something on and pasted on the wall. Some cities were grouped together on the map.
Even the blank wall had some mathematical formulas and some addresses written on it. Keith remembered the look of a preschool where young children learn. Keith inquired about the loud noise coming from this room at the same time a few hours ago, but he did not see anything unusual.

Sitting in the comfortable chair, Alex had spread both his legs on the table and was eating a white chocolate. A few more chocolate wrappers were scattered on the floor. He glared at Keith as if he were looking at a thief who had come into his residence, impeding his freedom.

Keith cleared his throat.

"Um... you met me earlier... Keith Evans... Your duty partner.. There's a duty today. Here's that file."

Keith bared his teeth and grinned, placing the file in his hand on Alex's desk.

"So??"

Alex replied in a deep voice.

"We both have a duty to do. Let's discuss how to do this."

Keith repeated.

"Leave the file and go out... I'll do it. No one is needed."

Alex popped another piece of white chocolate into his mouth.

"No one is needed?? Why do you wanna partner if you want to do things alone?"

Keith was irritated.

"That's what I said earlier fool!... Not a single person here understands what I'm saying!"

Alex snapped at Keith.

"Either I do this alone or you go and find another partner and do this. I don't give a fuck!"

Alex's reply provoked Keith's anger.

Is he always talking like this?
Wasn't my report torn because of this madman?
As Anil said, if he was sent to K9, this madness could had been treated!

Keith's temper exploded.

"What the heck is this??!!!.. If you want to work alone, why the hell did you come to K12? Could you have done another job?.. Don't you know what K12 is about?....why are you a baby..??? Coming to a place where we all work as a team, and shout that you want to work alone?!... You are crazy! "

Keith expressed angrily with his hands on his hips.

Alex moved his long legs down from the table and stopped eating the chocolate.