Chapter 17 - Asbury Park

With an unconscious mind, Keith stopped the motorcycle in the middle of the road for a few seconds. Through Keith's hearing aid, he could hear his unit mate's voices echoing; feared and surprised. Above it all, Keith heard Alex's usual energetic voice.

"Colin! Tell me more... how much speed do we need to?"

"It's a TLF Maxi 711 speed bomb, dude. Speed ​​must be kept at least 60km/h! Don't lower than 60"

Colin shared his knowledge with Alex.

"Damn 60? So that's why the driver in the truck went in a speed of a damn jet!"

Lucas said.

"Explosives are inside the truck and a speed bomb in the back! What &#@$ is this!! "

Stephan yelled with fear mixed with anger.

"Where is the bomb disposal unit? Motherfuckers won't come when needed!"

Austin began to vent his frustration.

"They have well planned all of these!. If they were not able to reach their target and are caught by the forces on the way, they have set the speed bomb so that the speed of the truck will decrease and die with the forces!"

For the first time, Keith heard his leader Nathan's frantic screams. Keith regained consciousness and rode the motorcycle to Alex's truck. In line with the truck, Keith looked at Alex in the driver's seat. He was driving the truck with no change in his poker face.

Meanwhile, Keith overheard the ongoing conversations between Anil and the defence forces through the hearing aid device. Anil was furious at the poor communication and handling of the defence forces. He continued to lash out at all defense chiefs to the best of his ability.

"LOOK YOU IDIOTS.! FINALLY ONE OF MY BOYS TOOK THAT TRUCK. BUT NOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED! THERE IS NO WAY FOR HIM TO GET OUT OF THAT BLOODY TRUCK!. THERE IS A SPEED BOMB IN IT! NOW WHERE THE HECK IS YOUR BOMB DISPOSAL UNIT? ARE THEY STILL THERE? IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO MY BOY, I AM THE ONE WHO SHUT ALL THE DEFENSE UNITS DOWN IN USA! MARK MY WORD @$**#% !!!

"Jeffrey! Why are you drive like you're going home?! drive fast idiot!"

Meanwhile, Anil scolded Lucas to move quickly.

"Listen Alex! We can see there's a bit of traffic ahead. You need to go without slowing down to 60!"

At that time Eric said from the information department.

"Hey man! If there is traffic, how does Alex go faster than 60? Should he fly?"

It was Damian who yelled at Eric then.

"I can help Alex!"

Keith said out loud.

Without a moment of delay, Keith revved up the speed of his motorcycle, passed Alex's truck and drove ahead of him, blaring the siren of the MTT 420-RR motorcycle. Hearing the motorcycle's siren, all the other vehicles on the road moved slightly out of the way, cleared and gave way to Keith's motorcycle. This was a great comfort to Alex, who was behind Keith.

"Great Evans ... great!"

Anil gave his compliments to Keith.

"Alex, don't be afraid of the speed bomb. Keith will help you until we find a way!"

Stephan said reassuring Alex.

But Stephan's relief made Alex irritated.

"Why the fuck am I afraid of a bomb? If I'm afraid of dying, why have I come to the unit?!"