Chapter 57

Song: 'Look What You Made Me Do' by Taylor Swift

I don't like your little games
Don't like your tilted stage
The role you made me play of the fool
No, I don't like you

I don't like your perfect crime
How you laugh when you lie
You said the gun was mine
Isn't cool, no, I don't like you (oh!)

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do

........................................................................

HANNAH'S POV

"Again."

Urgh, this is the same word I've been hearing for the last two days, and that too for the nth time.

"Now, what's wrong with this layout?" I finally questioned.

"I don't like it."

"It can't be a reason to reject a perfectly sound design," he's just getting on my nerves now. I've been changing designs back to back and so far all I've got is a no from him.

It takes a whole lot of time and effort to do this, dammit!

"It can be,"

"Alright," I took a deep breath, "Then tell me what you want and I'll do it accordingly,"

"Figure it out yourself. You're the designer,"

"Sir," I clenched my fist to stop myself from throwing my MacBook in his face, "It'll get easier for me to design if only I know your preferences," oh God, the patience I practice to even talk to him.

"Who said it'll be easier?" he finally looked up from his screen and met my eyes.

Eyes that are now so different from what they were that night.

Eyes that are so hard to not get lost in. His deep brown eyes are dead mostly but when looked into closely you realize how deep they are.

There's something about his stare that races up my heartbeat. It reminds me of that night when the intensity of his orbs forced me to close mine because of what they were saying.

I think I saw want in them.

Want for me.

I think I saw longing in them.

Longing for me.

And much more.

So much so that I feel endangered of drowning in them.

His eyes that day were so gentle and telling, so were his kisses.

His touch was so soft that day, it made me feel so fragile and expensive that if not handled with care, I might break.

His full luscious lips rendered me of my senses with their slightest touch.

To this day I can feel the tingling of his kisses in my skin. It still seizes my breath to think about that moment. The soft whispers of his words send shivers down my spine to this day.

But from the next morning, it changed.

Eyes that felt so close then now feel so distant and strange, like they did at the beginning.