Chapter 38

Song: 'I'm the One' by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber

Yeah, you're lookin' at the truth, the money never lies, no
I'm the one, yeah, I'm the one
Early mornin' in the dawn, know you wanna ride now (let's ride)
I'm the one, yeah (let's ride), I'm the one, yeah
Yeah, you're sick of all those other imitators
Don't let the only real one intimidate you
See you watchin', don't run outta time now
I'm the one, yeah

........................................................................

HANNAH'S POV

"Umm, you know what, you go ahead, I'll just come" I informed as we stopped outside the closed elevator door, his personal elevator.

"Stop wasting my time and get in," he completely ignored what I said.

After a hell of a 'discussion,' he was personally accompanying me to the design floor. Of course, this firm has a whole floor "designate to a department.

To be honest, I'm still a bit shaken at what happened earlier, I couldn't believe he would go as far as to react the way he did, the stoniness of his eyes increased ten folds. At a point, I feared he might break my finger.

Though I thought I saw a speck of remorse on his face after, who am I kidding, the dude has no none.

I'm also disappointed in myself for not responding to it the way I should've, like slapping his face or just a sweet little kick between his legs. Instead, I just panicked.

"You can daydream later, I don't have the whole day" he commented, perhaps sensing my absence at the moment.

"I'll just meet you on the design floor, you go ahead," I said still panicking internally but for a completely different reason this time.

"Might I have to remind you the reason we're going there?"

Come on Hannah come up with something, avoid this short elevator trip at all costs. Hurry up, come up with a lie.

"Umm, I have to use the bathroom," I blurted out the first thing that come into my mind.

"Are you serious?" he looked at me as if I said something alien to him.

"Of course I am, a person can't even feel pressure? You shouldn't wait for me" I clenched my legs together for a more realistic impact, "Besides, it's your elevator, the big boss man elevator, and how can an intern ride in it, right boss?" I said bowing a little, now clearly overdoing it.

Who uses the word 'boss' anymore? Yikes!!

"Whatever, come quickly," he swiped his key card revealing a luxurious elevator in sight.

Within seconds he and the elevator both vanished and I sighed in relief.

You all must be wondering why I didn't go with him, right?

And just in case, you're not, I'll tell you anyway.

I'm claustrophobic!

And it's pretty bad. I constantly need to divert my attention either with extremely loud music or tapping my foot fanatically, it gets worse if I'm with someone else in the elevator as I can't focus on anything they say which makes me more anxious. Anyone can notice that I'm not okay as fear along with embarrassment takes over me creating panic amongst fellow riders.

Either of my friends would always be beside me holding my hand if we were ever to ride an elevator, otherwise, I always make them take the stairs/accelerator with me if the distance isn't unrealistic.

As to answer why I didn't go with him, it's simple.

I don't want him to know.

I can't hand him over my weakness, I don't trust him enough to be vulnerable in front of him. So, I guess this is how it'll always be. Moreover, I don't want to be judged by him.