chapter 39

Liora wakes up to find darius nowhere to be seen . Following her daily routine, she prepared herself , had a meal , and ventured out to meet Alora . Upon reaching Alora's residence , she observed a newly reconstructed home . Approaching the door , she knocked , and Alora answered .
" Oh liora , are you okay ? I was so worried for you " Alora eyes look for any injury on her whole body but there weren't any . She sighed in relief .
" I am fine , thanks to Darius " she gives a pleasant smile to Alora
" I am sorry , I forced you to open that door and misleaded you "
" Don't worry about that , I have to go from here eventually "
" What do you mean ? "
" Before any more adversity happens again , I have to be gone "
Alora opens her mouth to speak but gets quite by unusual sounds .
Screaming .
Beings running worriedly towards the palace .
They gave each other a sign and ran towards the palace to see what's happening . They both stop and get amazed by the view . The palace is in bad state . It is collapsing . Without any other thought liora's eyes look for Darius . She saw him staring at palace . He must be trying to stopping but using his eyes . Liora run towards Darius .
" Darius " liora screams .
Darius moves his eyes towards liora . She is struggling to stand . Darius holds her hands , supporting her to stand .
" I have to.....I have to go "
Darius eyes wide open " what ? Where ? "
" I have to.... go back , to my world "
" We will talk about this later , go somewhere safe for now "
" No listen to me , I am going "
" What are you saying ? "
" Try to understand , this is all happening because of me , I am going back "
" Then what about us " Darius pulls liora closer and holds liora's hand on his chest near his heart .
Liora remains silent for a second " Remember me as a dream "
" Immortals don't dream , my lady "
" Then I will be your only one "
" No no , don't do this to me "
" I am sorry " liora chokes , tears in her eyes . " I am sorry " .
" No , liora please don't "
She moves away from Darius reach and runs towards towards Aimys door .
She stops before the door , clutching the doorstop tightly . Tears stream down her face as she releases a wave of emotion . With a deep breath, she swings the door open and departs .
Leaving her feelings behind .