Chapter 2

Elena woke up some hours before school and did her morning routine, when she went to the kitchen she found a sticky note stuck to the fridge

"Sorry mija, we needed to go to work early today" the girl groaned. Of course this was expected, they never stayed in the morning.

After a bit she went to her car, because her parents were never there, they wanted her to at least have her license.

"First day of school, delightful" the sarcasm was definitely there.

"Why won't this damn locker open" the girl was practically beating her locker up.

But little did she know a familiar boy heard her.

"Hey Elena! Having trouble with your locker?" He said with a polite smile.

"Oh, hey Miguel! Yeah it just doesn't want to open." You could her the frustration in her voice.

"Mierda!" She said giving one last slap to the locker.

"You speak Spanish? Me too! But I think you shouldn't abuse your locker."

"Yeah I lived in Spain my whole life and I wouldn't have to abuse it if this damn thing wouldn't open!" A couple kids stared at her because she raised her voice. She didn't care though.

"Let me try!" He put in the code and successfully opened the locker.

"Well maybe I didn't have to beat it up, huh."

"Yeah, maybe." he chuckled. "What do you have first period? I have science"

"I have math. I wanna skip school already." She always hated school and didn't give one bit of attention to it.

"Well you shouldn't, I'll see you at lunch?" He gave a smile.

"Yeah sure, adiós!" She gave a small smile back

"Bye!"

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

When Elena entered the cafeteria she looked at the line at the canteen.

She say Miguel there and decided to walk over to him.

"Hola Miguel" she's happy to finally see a familiar face.

"Hey! How were your classes?" He said smiling.

"Boring, yours?" She chuckled lightly.

"It was okay." They both grabbed their lunch tray and went to look at a table to sit at.

"Let's sit there?" She pointed to a table with 2 boys sitting at it.

He nodded and they went over there.

"Is it cool if we sit here?" Miguel asked.

A boy with dark hair spoke up. "Sorry, table's really blowing up right now."

Miguel looked confused at them, while Elena just saw right trough the sarcasm.

"I can put you on the waitlist-" the boy went further on with his sentence. "- but it's probably next semester at the earliest."

The boy beside him chuckled.

"..ok" Miguel said pretty unsure.

"No, Miguel. He's kidding, doesn't look like anyone wants to sit with these losers." Elena said.

"Ouch" the boy with dark hair said putting his hand on his heart. "But yeah, she's right. Sit." He pointed to 2 seats.

Miguel sat next to the boy who hasn't spoken yet and Elena sat next to him.

"Miguel" he said while sitting down.

"Demetri" the boy with dark hair said. "This is Eli."

He pointed to the boy next to him.

"He's a man of few words"

"I'm Elena."

"You're both new here right?" Demetri earned 2 nods from them.

"Are you siblings?" He said again.

"Hell no, I met him yesterday, I'm from Spain." Elena said right away cringing at the thought.

Demetri just nodded.

He looked behind Miguel, who's staring at the same people.

"Dude, don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls." He pointed to the table the girls are sitting at.

"Do you ever talk to them or.." Miguel said still staring at them.

"Oh yeah! All the time. We hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs." Miguel looked unimpressed at him.

"Eli here is the homecoming king. Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?" Eli smiled at his comment.

"Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at, right?" He finally dropped the act.

"You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college." He went on.

"Speak for yourself, I'm not a nerd like y'all." She finally spoke up again.

"Oh shit, Yasmine's looking at us. Probably just making fun of me" Eli finally said something.

"I don't think she making fun of you."

"Yeah Miguel's right, there isn't anything to be making fun of." Elena agreed.

"Exactly, just because they're hot, doesn't mean they're mean" he went on.

"Hold on, I'm gonna stop you there." Now she disagreed with him.

The 4 of them were just watching the girls laughing, looking at them.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school." Demetri begun.

"I'd kill all 3 of you just to get her spit in my face" he went on.

"That's disgusting, dude." Elena cringed at his words.

"If you don't make a move, you'll never have a shot" Miguel said.

"True, but I'll also never suffer a humiliating rejection. I'm at peace with my depression. Last thing I need to be is suicidal." He responded.

Miguel slowly stood up.

"Miguel, what are you doing?" The girl said.

"Striking first." He said back.

"Oh shit." Demetri winced. "Hope we don't get hit with the shrapnel."

Miguel slowly walked towards the table and a brunette girl noticed him.

They smiled at each other but before Miguel could walk any closer, Kyler and Brucks sat down.

Kyler gave Miguel a little wave before Miguel sat back down at the table.

"See you later, 'Rhea" Brucks said laughing.

"So how'd it go?" Demetri asked.

Miguel just sighed.

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

I made an edit of Eli and Elena if you want to check it out!
My tiktok is Amywrit3s