Chapter 8

"You've trained hard

"You've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament, am I right?" Sensei spoke while he was on top of a car. They were training in a junkyard for the tournament that's coming up soon.

"Yes sensei!" The students said in sync.

"Wrong!" He threw his beer can to Bert's feet. "Your best ain't shit! If you wanna win the All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. Which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. Do you understand?"

"Yes sensei!"

"Are you losers?"

"No sensei!"

"Are you nerds?"

"No sensei!"

"Are you sure?"

"No sensei!" Elena put her palm to her face and chuckled while Johnny did the same, but more dramatic.

There were tiles out on the floor that they had to jump from one to the other.

"Move those feet. Go, go, go!" He shouted. "You can do better than that, Spain!"

"Let's go squirt! Good job, buddy. Go!"

While jumping through the tires Aisha fell, which made everyone behind her fall too. Giving a domino effect.

"Oh my goodness!" He said while the students kept falling on each other.

There was a plank with glass over the dumpster that they had to move over.

"Attaboy!" Johnny said while Miguel was on the plank. "Come on, Princess. Let's go! Move that ass."

"There's nothing to fear except for fear itself. That, and falling in sharp metal and broken glass, so don't do that!"

"Your enemies are all around you. Destroy them!" Everyone had a bat or hammer in their hands to destroy the cars. Elena grinned.

Elena destroyed a few cars.

"You wanna win? You gotta be hungry. You guys hungry?"

"Yes sensei!" The students said.

"Good. 'Cause so are they." The man said.

He blew a whistle that you couldn't hear that well.

Dogs came running to the students.

Everyone ran trying to get on top of some cars.

"Don't be afraid they smell fear."

Elena stopped when she saw a dog running at her, she always wanted one.

She exhaled and slowly began kneeling. The dog eventually let her pet it.

"Spain, are you petting the damn dog over there?" Sensei asked.