Chapter 10

The next day all the students stood outside the place where the tournament is happening

Miguel was punching the air tense.

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk said to the boy.

Miguel just looked at him and went on with what he was doing.

"Hey, don't even bother." Aisha said. "He's been super aggro ever since the breakup."

"Where's sensei?" Hawk looked around with the man not in sight. "The tournament's gonna start soon."

"He'll be here." Aisha replied.

"I don't know about that." Bert interrupted.

"What do you mean?" Elena questioned.

"I saw him last night at the mini mall, I was buying a... carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling."

"Well, why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha asked pissed.

"I don't know. I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal."

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal." The blue haired boy spoke. "What if something happened to him?"

"Like what?" Bert asked.

"Like he drove his car off a cliff, or brought a gun and blew his brains out?" Hawk thought.

"He thinks suicide is a pussy move, so definitely not." Elena remembered.

"Whatever. I mean we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him."

"Do what without me?" Sensei asked.

"Sensei." Aisha said.

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk scoffed.

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." The man spoke.

"All right. Let's sign up." Miguel finally spoke up.

"Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you." Johnny said to his students.

They went inside and stood in a circle. Johnny inside of that circle, circling around.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of cobra Kai. 'No mercy'. The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth. You get an F on a test, you get suspended. You fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away. Car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win! Remember who you are. You're badass! You don't give a shit! You kick ass! Your cobra Kai."