Chapter 1

Elena always was a troublemaker and it was about time she got punished for it

She always got in fights wherever she'd go. Her school expelled her multiple times.

Thats why her parents wanted to move to reseda, to get a fresh start.

Elena wasn't happy when she found out she's moving. She lived in Spain her entire life.

Her best friend, Mateo, said it might be for the better. She could get new friends and get in less fights. She obviously disagreed.

The plane finally landed. It felt like the flight was taking forever. After getting her stuff, her and her parents got in a car and drove to their new home.

She thought it was a little shitty apartment, but at least it's something.

She hadn't talked to her parents ever since they drove to the airport and she wasn't planning on talking anytime soon.

She just wanted to unpack her things and listen to music.

The girl always had a passion for it. She played the drums since she was 11.

Elena never had a good bond with her parents. They always worked, so most of the time she was alone.

It broke her but she tried to find comfort in being alone. No one to tell her what to do. She could just listen to music and do what she want.

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

She was pretty bored, so she decided to call Mateo. He's still in Spain but they promised each other to keep in touch.

"Hola, Mat!" she said, smiling, happy to finally call her friend.

"Hola, El! How's Reseda?" He returned the smile right back at her.

"It's alright, I guess. I've just been unpacking." She said with a little hum.

Her mom knocked on the door.

"Mat, I've gotta go. My mom's knocking on my door."

"That's okay! Don't replace me!" The boy laughing while speaking.

"You know it!" They both said bye to each other and hang up the call.

"Come in!" The girl said.

"Hello mija. I see you've already unpacked that's good."

Her daughter wasn't bothered to talk so she just gave a small nod.

"I wanted to ask you if you could throw away some boxes, yeah?"

"Yeah, no problem mamá" the girl slowly stood up and grabbed some cardboard boxes. She went outside to throw them away in the bin.

She overheard a conversation between 2 of her neighbors.

"I've lived in this shithole for over ten years." she heard an blonde man say. The boy he's talking to looked rather confused.

"The pipes don't work, the fountain's full of piss." She cringed at what she heard. "The only good thing here is that I don't have to talk to anybody."

Elena slowly walked towards the bin with the boxes.

"So nice knowing you." the man left. "Great another shitty neighbor." she mumbled under her breath.

"Ok, well... have a nice day... I guess." the younger boy said confused.

He heard a sound coming from towards the bin and finally noticed the girl.

"H-Hi." he said pretty unsure because of his last interaction.

"Hey." she said in return.

"I'm Miguel, I moved here some days ago."

"Nice to meet you, my name's Elena. I moved in here some hours ago."

"Oh cool!" The boy said with a nodded, which she gave back in return.

"Do you go to west valley high? I'm starting tomorrow and don't really like being the new kid so maybe we could sit together at lunch?" He finally said, hoping her answer would be yes.

"Uhm.. sure. I don't really like being the new kid as well so why not?"

"Great!" He smiled. "Well.. I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, see you!" She smiled back at him politely.

They both slowly returned to their apartments, happy that they at least have 1 friend to sit with at lunch.

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

A/n:
Pretty short chapter but I have holidays for a week and a bunch of motivation to write so maybe there'll be 1 update everyday. Maybe more but I'll see if I have time.